Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times

Advertisements

I'm done with this thread. The 4th most gifted tennis player on EARTH, and you constantly bash him. Theres no knowledgeable debate happening here .......... ciao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 02:22 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I'm done with this thread. The 4th most gifted tennis player on EARTH, and you constantly bash him. Theres no knowledgeable debate happening here .......... ciao.
Ha ha, I am glad you admit that Murray is number 4, behind Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:23 PM

32,098 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Geez....Djoker has such a huge leap on the rest of the field in total points. How did that happen?

Tennis - ATP World Tour -

Rafa will be ranked #3 in the world after he goes undefeated on clay this season. And he'll likely take over the #2 spot by the summer since has no points to defend at Wimbledon.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Ha ha, I am glad you admit that Murray is number 4, behind Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer.
Yes and in front of EVERYONE else, and capable of beating the three best players to ever play the game. Better than any American, Australian, German, French, Russian, Canadian etcetera, etcetera! If you can't recognise his talent playing the sport you CLAIM to have knowledge of, then that's entirely up to you. It does, however, make you seem bitter about something, maybe because he is MILES better than any of your fellow countrymen

Wonder what your excuses will be after Andy wins his multiple slams, which he will. Murray will win at least three slams in his career and possibly more IMO. All in the toughest generation theres ever been.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Geez....Djoker has such a huge leap on the rest of the field in total points. How did that happen?

Tennis - ATP World Tour -

Rafa will be ranked #3 in the world after he goes undefeated on clay this season. And he'll likely take over the #2 spot by the summer since has no points to defend at Wimbledon.
Yeah, crazy. I agree Rafa will storm back. But I think Murray can finish the year still 3rd, ahead of Federer. French is in the bag for Nadal. Think Murray will win one of the other three, hopefully Wimbledon, but got a feeling he'll take the Aussie open. I think Novak will get two, but Federer will have a chance at Wimbledon.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Wonder what your excuses will be after Andy wins his multiple slams, which he will. Murray will win at least three slams in his career and possibly more IMO. All in the toughest generation theres ever been.
That's what they said about the other Andy. Guess what happened.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:30 PM

As ever - your posts are insightful, well-informed and hilarious. Roddick was nowhere near the level of Murray. How about you give me reasons and proof why you think the former world number 2 is no good instead of short, sharp blurps of ill informed comments. Your clearly intrested in tennis, that's something we have in common, give me some facts, figures and opinions to back your Murray bashing up.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
As ever - your posts are insightful, well-informed and hilarious. Roddick was nowhere near the level of Murray. How about you give me reasons and proof why you think the former world number 2 is no good instead of short, sharp blurps of ill informed comments. Your clearly intrested in tennis, that's something we have in common, give me some facts, figures and opinions to back your Murray bashing up.
I am not bashing Murray. I think he is a very good player. For example, he is better than Ferrer. But, Murray ain't no Nadal, Federer, or Djokovic.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 AM

He isn't, but he will overtake Federer this year and be favourite when they play. And is capable of beating the other two at least at one slam. If Murray wins 2/3 or 4 slams in this generation ........... he will be considered a great. The others already have their place in history, Murray will have to work for his.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM

32,098 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
I don't know if I'd say "Roddick was nowhere near the level of Murray." While I think Murray is a more well-rounded player, he is not that much better overall than Roddick. Roddick was the No. 1 ranked player in the world for a time so he's not garbage. And if Murray had a 22-year old Roger Federer standing in his path, he would have been obliterated just like the rest of Federer's competition. I'm pretty sure he'd still have "0" Slams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports