Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Same thing happened when Ireland played England in Denver a few years ago. Was at the Rapids game (in my Ireland rugby jersey) when about 8 huge guys pointed at me and came over to me (I had no idea what was going to happen) and they spoke and it turned out they were all in the England squad wanting to know if I was spending the night to watch the game the next day!
Haha, I can imagine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 06:55 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
I watched the understrength Wales v Japan in the weekend. Wales dodged one there very nearly got tipped up.
Sadly, Wales, Ireland and Scotlands depth doesn't appear in a good state at the moment.
As for Japan they have had so many close games this year they have lost. Eddie Jones must be very frustrated.
They lack the intensity and execution when the game is on the line.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,601,251 times
My workplace is flooded so I don't have to go in tomorrow, so I may pull a late night and watch the Lions match (5 am here).

Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
My workplace is flooded so I don't have to go in tomorrow, so I may pull a late night and watch the Lions match (5 am here).
I just watched France vs the Blues. Going to watch the Lions game but it won't have my full attention as have a few other things to do. Not a bad one to miss parts of, as should be a absolute flogging.
Waste of time putting this team against the Lions.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 AM

NSW v Lions on Saturday will be a decent game John. Italy Samoa too. Interesting clash of styles there. Italys game is based on sound structures and set pieces, a decent defence and goal kicking. Samoa on the other hand have a ton of attacking prowess and flair.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
Great try by Scotland Hogg for the Lions, class player. Hope he gets his chance this month.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Really looking forward to the game against Australia. Sky Sports has gotten me pumped up with the Lions advert. ''Can you feel it coming''. I feel it coming.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM

A question about two young players:

1. I saw Quade Cooper against the Lions; he can be explosive but prone to some poor execution and decision making. Do you think he can make an impact for the Wallabies one day?

2. I didn't see the England-Argentina match, but saw that Billy Vunipola scored a try in his debut at the 8 spot. Without having seen him play, I wonder if he can be the sort of freakish ball carrier, in the vein of Henry Tuilagi, that good add a very interesting dimension to the England squad.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
A question about two young players:

1. I saw Quade Cooper against the Lions; he can be explosive but prone to some poor execution and decision making. Do you think he can make an impact for the Wallabies one day?
He has already played quite abit with the Wallabies. But is yet to make a great impact. He is offside abit with current head coach Robbie Deans and that is a main reason he hasn't been selected at the moment.
Will Genia The Wallabies halfback and the best in the world IMO in that position, is a close friend of Cooper.
The have formed a tight combination over the years for the Reds and Wallabies. Genia has made no secret he wants him back in the team.

Personally I think its unlikely Cooper will ever go down as a great Wallaby. Even though he is still youngish.
His game is too flakey and inconsistant and he has abit of a immature and bad attitude.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:18 PM

I'm really surprised by Italy- following their best ever Six Nations performance, they come out looking as bad as ever in June.

Ahead of The Rugby Championship, the All Blacks look very strong, while Argentina will probably go winless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports