U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more likely to happen first for DFW sports?
A 2nd NFL team? 5 8.77%
A 2nd NBA team in Dallas? 1 1.75%
A 2nd NBA team in Fort Worth or Arlington? 8 14.04%
A 2nd Major League Baseball club near downtown Dallas? 4 7.02%
A 2nd NHL team ANYWHERE in the Metroplex? 1 1.75%
A 2nd MLS team (in Fort Worth)? 2 3.51%
A comeback for Arena Football in either city? (Both Dallas and Ft. Worth had AFL teams at least once) 13 22.81%
A WNBA team anywhere in the Metroplex? 23 40.35%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:48 AM

8,541 posts, read 11,290,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This has come up before, and even just a few weeks ago I heard this on the radio (105 The Fan) about whether or not DFW could have 2 teams in the same league and where they would be.

The guys gave a few scenarios:

- Have a 2nd NBA team in the AAC with the Mavericks. (Although it would be MUCH more likely for that team to be in Fort Worth)
- Have a 2nd MLB team with the ballpark near downtown Dallas (which actually has been discussed several times before, especially around the time when Mark Cuban tried to buy the Rangers... and thank God he didn't)
- A 2nd Major League Soccer team with the stadium in Dallas (again, would be much better and more likely if it were in Fort Worth)
- And, get this, a 2nd NFL team playing in the Cotton Bowl (.... yeah, NEVER happening as long as the Cowboys exist)

They also brought up having a 2nd NHL team, but let's face it, the State of Texas will only have ONE major hockey team for at least another decade or so, and that would go to Houston.

Anyway, what do you think is more likely to happen?
My question to you is what league would be stupid enough to give Dallas a 2nd team?

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-09-2017 at 09:19 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 08:11 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,588 posts, read 20,479,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
My question to you is what league would be stupid enough to give Dallas a 2nd team?
Unless it's MLB, the 2nd team wouldn't be in Dallas...

Old 11-09-2017, 08:22 PM

8,541 posts, read 11,290,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Unless it's MLB, the 2nd team wouldn't be in Dallas...
DFW doesn't have the population to support a 2nd franchise in its sports market. The Bay Area has over 8 million people so they can support 2 teams. When Philly had 2 teams in the city back in 1950, the population was over 2 million people. Unless the World Series Champion Astros relocate from Houston to Dallas, it will not happen! I'm sorry to crush your Dallas sports fan dreams but you needed an old fashioned reality check.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-09-2017 at 09:18 PM..

Old 11-09-2017, 10:56 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,588 posts, read 20,479,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
DFW doesn't have the population to support a 2nd franchise in its sports market. The Bay Area has over 8 million people so they can support 2 teams. When Philly had 2 teams in the city back in 1950, the population was over 2 million people. Unless the World Series Champion Astros relocate from Houston to Dallas, it will not happen! I'm sorry to crush your Dallas sports fan dreams but you needed an old fashioned reality check.

You clearly didn't get the point of this entire thread and I certainly don't appreciate the smugness of your last two posts.

If you actually went back to the first thing I typed, I didn't say anything about wanting two teams in DFW. It was brought up because of local radio hosts as a "what if" scenario. This thread was created during the Rangers decision to either stay in Arlington or build the new park somewhere else.

And don't start with me on the "Dallas sports fan" crap. You apparently didn't get what I meant by "Unless it's MLB, the 2nd team wouldn't be in Dallas..." comment as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports