Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 03:13 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times

Advertisements

He's playing today kinda like I play golf. Maybe I can get Lindsey Vonn too, oh wait I not a gazillionare. The guy is over rated, don't like him at all.

And if anyone other than the great Tiger Woods pulled that stunt he did at the Masters they would have been disqualified.

Last edited by jim9251; 04-14-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 04:42 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,376,145 times
Life moves on. I have no issues with him. We're dealing with adults here making their own decisions.
Heck, his ex is dating a yacht several feet longer than Tigers!

M. Vick, on the other hand, is an example of someone who should have been banned from his sport for life.
Crimes were committed against animals that had no choices.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:10 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
I think he is partially black. Many people considered him black, but he himself consider himself mixed.
The question was, "Is he back," not, "Is he black." Interesting misread.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:48 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
He's playing today kinda like I play golf. Maybe I can get Lindsey Vonn too, oh wait I not a gazillionare. The guy is over rated, don't like him at all.

And if anyone other than the great Tiger Woods pulled that stunt he did at the Masters they would have been disqualified.
right, because those old crackers that run Augusta are all about makin' things easy on the brothers.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:

Over rated with 77 career wins on the PGA tour? BTW,Yahoo is running a story making a case that Wood`s may have made a false confession.Some camera angles show that he may have made a legal drop.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:08 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
How? Because he had an affair?

Many people have affairs and they are wrong. However, I don't think they make a person an epic fail of a human being. What he did was wrong but he has made so much of his talent. Isn't he worth more then $1 billion or something like that?
Just because he is worth a billion dollars doesn't make him a good human being.

Besides, he did more than "have an affair." He had at least 16 affairs during his five year marriage.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,284,036 times
Quote:
Yes, and I'm sure your weekend $3 nassau produces the same pressure as playing in the Masters...

Quote:
Or, it would've never been noticed. He's probably the most scrutinized golfer in terms of coverage. Which can work either way. And the potential DQ would have been based on signing an incorrect scorecard. Given the series of events, the rules committee initially deemed that no infraction had taken place. And this was decided before he signed the scorecard, and thus no mention was made. However, because he 'incriminated' himself at a post round interview later that evening, they reviewed it again and decided that the two stroke penalty for breaching the drop rule needed to be applied. But he was not DQ'd because the committee had that option under the new rule. In essence, scorecard he signed at the time was technically 'correct' as the rules committee reviewed and allowed the drop at the time.

Given that this is a pretty simple rule to most golfers, the fact that the #1 player in the world breached it is where some people have an issue. Did he knowingly cheat? Or did he make an honest mistake given the situation? I personally think its the latter... you are the most filmed person on that property, every sneeze, fart, bathroom break is caught on camera, and you knowingly break a simple rule at the biggest tournament of the year on purpose?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:51 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
He was never gone, he was just playing poorly. He did okay this time around although he was pretty lucky they allowed him to continue playing. As long as he has a good caddy he'll still be a top tier player. He may not dominate the game but probably nobody will which is perfectly fine.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Over the years I have talked to many people who "hated" Tiger. Every single one of them was a RW racist.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
I wish we could go back to the days when we rarely knew squat about any athlete's personal life. Because really, who gives a fart what kind of person he is? He's here to play a game. Period.

He'll go down in the history books no matter what happens from here on out ayway. I don't know if anyone will ever match that incredible run he had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports