Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I don't care and that's not a lot. You'll get that reaction from people when you shove stupid stuff down their throat.
How is someone deciding not to live a lie shoving it down anyone's throat? There are many, many things shoved down our throats today, but this is just a guy wanting to live his life honestly. He will be a pioneer, a leader, and a role-model for years to come...but the main thing he will be is free from that closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
How is someone deciding not to live a lie shoving it down anyone's throat? There are many, many things shoved down our throats today, but this is just a guy wanting to live his life honestly. He will be a pioneer, a leader, and a role-model for years to come...but the main thing he will be is free from that closet.
Well, he was living a "lie" for how long and strung along how many women? Women who perhaps genuinely loved him and he lied to their faces? He's a hero? He should have been open in the first place. He's not shoving it down anyone's throats. The media is. Either you're in denial or blind. Look at the attention he is getting for one decision he made. He then decided to make it a grand announcement on SI. He's a pioneer? A leader? A role-model? Well 1 out of 3 is a good average in baseball. He may be a role model for someone else who will perhaps think that deception is not the answer. He's not a hero. A pioneer? For what? A leader? Yeah he's going be the general now in that locker room. I don't consider liars to be heroes.

All I see is a guy who is on the back end of his career who said it now for perhaps one last bask in the sun. That's from what I see considering who he is, and where he is in his career. You don't how many women he has been romantically involved with yet he was lying to them. That's not right. Don't be a coward. Be upfront with everyone from the start.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,908,424 times
Quote:
Are you an imbecile? Who said I was religious or that I even have morals. I don't believe in any religion and I have no morals. My morality compass is none existent. I just would like to go a day without having some reference to gay people in the media. This country has more pressing things to deal with. North Korea, the economy, soldiers still in the Middle East needlessly, oil etc.... These issues are far more important than gay people. Issues which will affect everyone regardless of sexual orientation.
Quote:
You don't how many women he has been romantically involved with yet he was lying to them. That's not right. Don't be a coward. Be upfront with everyone from the start.
So which one is it, no morals or outrage at the lies?

You have done a good job supplying everyone with good reason not to take you seriously.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
So which one is it, no morals or outrage at the lies?

You have done a good job supplying everyone with good reason not to take you seriously.
You don't get it do you. Your simple mind is unable to comprehend my point. The women don't want to be lied to. That's not right towards them. I couldn't careless but the women who were involved with him do. I'm sure they didn't want to be lied to. Again, I don't have a moral compass so I'm not outraged but the women and other people are and rightfully so. The only thing I have supplied is a rational thought supported by other acts of support by fellow users. Just because you can't comprehend so you try to dismiss them as contradictory is a personal problem.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:00 PM

You can't claim to have no morals, then make judgment claims about something being morally right or wrong. Just like you can't judge that women being lied to are right or wrong to be upset about it.

Regardless, it would be interesting to know how any women in this position feel. Maybe they are just relieved not to have married him? Maybe they sympathize with him? Would they be right or wrong to feel that way? How are you so sure they do not? Believe it or not, there are a lot of women who have found out they married a gay man, and they feel bad that the man they love felt the need to be closeted rather than being mad at him for it.

You really don't know anything about these people, you're just making assumptions and asserting them as facts. Not only are you morally bankrupt, but you're logically bankrupt as well.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
You can't claim to have no morals, then make judgment claims about something being morally right or wrong. Just like you can't judge that women being lied to are right or wrong to be upset about it.

Regardless, it would be interesting to know how any women in this position feel. Maybe they are just relieved not to have married him? Maybe they sympathize with him? Would they be right or wrong to feel that way? How are you so sure they do not? Believe it or not, there are a lot of women who have found out they married a gay man, and they feel bad that the man they love felt the need to be closeted rather than being mad at him for it.

You really don't know anything about these people, you're just making assumptions and asserting them as facts. Not only are you morally bankrupt, but you're logically bankrupt as well.
No you're logically bankrupt because you are clearly daft. Read what his fiancee said. She definitely wasn't rosy about it. Actually I can claim to have no morals and make a judgment call when it isn't in my view. I don't have no morals so that is my point of view but from his fiancee's point of view. I can make a call. That's why you are logically bankrupt. You failed to get that I was totally speaking from a different point of view.

Actually a woman does have the right to be upset about it because she was dragged into his lie. He didn't have to waste her time. Therefore she has every right to be angry if she wants to be. He wasted both of the parties' time. Yes she is happy to end it. Why wouldn't she be? Get out and don't waste more time. You can think he has done nothing wrong and that he is a saint just because he admitted that he gets a hard on for other men but that doesn't excuse how he handles his business with other people. By definition, he is a coward.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:26 PM

You must be like 14. You're about the right age and the right temperament to really get into Ayn Rand. So go have at it. You're welcome.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I am a child of God. I look like Him, I am in His likeness. I can think for myself, create things with my hands, get a higher education than I started with, build a better lifestyle than I grew up with. All of us humans are of the same nature and were born with the same disposition to do good and live a good life. Unlike the animals, we were given the ability to choose how we will live, act, and what we will become. No one forced this on us, it was a choice. Choice is a part of the human existance. Animals do not have the same abilities as we have. They can not make the same choices as we do. They do not live under the same laws that we live under. Man was given dominion over the animals and not the other way around. Saying that their are gay animals means nothing to a son or daughter of God. We should be living our lives in a way that does not offend God. When I am judged I will not be standing in front of a bunch of animals and explaining the choices that I made in life. I will not be turning to an animal and pleading for mercy. I will be turning to my God or some other exalted being pleading my case and asking for forgiveness on how I lived and what I did in life.

In the last days what is good will be called bad and what is bad will be called good. If you are Christian and stand for God the media and many people seem to think that you are a loon and something is wrong with you. When you tell the world that you are Gay and in so doing have told the world that you can not live certain commandments that are plainy offered in the scriptures then you are considered a hero. That is amazing.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Well, he was living a "lie" for how long and strung along how many women? Women who perhaps genuinely loved him and he lied to their faces? He's a hero? He should have been open in the first place. He's not shoving it down anyone's throats. The media is. Either you're in denial or blind. Look at the attention he is getting for one decision he made. He then decided to make it a grand announcement on SI. He's a pioneer? A leader? A role-model? Well 1 out of 3 is a good average in baseball. He may be a role model for someone else who will perhaps think that deception is not the answer. He's not a hero. A pioneer? For what? A leader? Yeah he's going be the general now in that locker room. I don't consider liars to be heroes.

All I see is a guy who is on the back end of his career who said it now for perhaps one last bask in the sun. That's from what I see considering who he is, and where he is in his career. You don't how many women he has been romantically involved with yet he was lying to them. That's not right. Don't be a coward. Be upfront with everyone from the start.
Gay people often live a lie because society dictates that they must...there is a feeling that no one will love you, no one will understand, everyone will turn their backs on me if I tell the truth. And that often happens. It's a very scary process and almost impossible to be upfront with everyone from the start. Parents often send their kids to therapy for it and high school can be a nightmare for out gay people, so that path is a very difficult one and everyone isn't built for it. You should be able to see why people stay closeted for so long sometimes - it's the attitudes and feelings of so many other people that keep them in it.

I'm pretty sure J.C. didn't come out with the intention of all the media coverage and attention. He even said that he was trying to live his life honestly for the future, not be a leader or pioneer - but that is the role he's been assigned. Why do you keep calling him a liar? That's the point - he's no longer lying even though society strongly dictates that he should. He decided to burst free from what society dictates. I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
No you're logically bankrupt because you are clearly daft. Read what his fiancee said. She definitely wasn't rosy about it. Actually I can claim to have no morals and make a judgment call when it isn't in my view. I don't have no morals so that is my point of view but from his fiancee's point of view. I can make a call. That's why you are logically bankrupt. You failed to get that I was totally speaking from a different point of view.

Actually a woman does have the right to be upset about it because she was dragged into his lie. He didn't have to waste her time. Therefore she has every right to be angry if she wants to be. He wasted both of the parties' time. Yes she is happy to end it. Why wouldn't she be? Get out and don't waste more time. You can think he has done nothing wrong and that he is a saint just because he admitted that he gets a hard on for other men but that doesn't excuse how he handles his business with other people. By definition, he is a coward.
I'm pretty sure none of that pertains to Jason Collins...I know it happened a lot in the real world, and people often get hurt when someone that love comes out. It's hard to handle, but remember it isn't the person coming out who held it in selfishly - everything in our society points to being dishonest bout your sexuality and how bad it will be if you do come out. So gay people try to live "normally" and date the opposite sex even though they know it's not right. Sometimes it goes on for years and includes children and grandchildren, and sometimes it ends before it gets that serious. If you really want that situation to change we have to get on board with making gay people feel comfortable with being open about who they are. That would solve SO many things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports