Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:22 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,324,204 times

Advertisements

Marco Materazzi - Provoked one of the greatest and classiest players of all time to headbutt him.

Tim Tebow - Massive attention *****.

Manny Ramirez - Same as above.

Curt Schilling - A tool on and off the field.

Donte Stallworth - Got away with committing murder.

Lebron James - Left his hometown in the douchiest way possible.

John Rocker - Insulted the 7 Train.

Delmon Young - The baseball version of Mel Gibson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 07:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
A-Roid, Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa...nuff said

Old 10-21-2013, 10:36 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Beckham - A great player but very overrated IMHO. Everything he did was exaggerated. Hes famous for marrying a Spcegirl.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:06 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Tim Tebow - he doesn't appear to have the talent to make it in the NFL, so why is he still around? Sick of reading about this grunt.

Chad Johnson - ignorance personified. I never liked his style of play or his celebrations. He abused his wife and is an embarrassing fool.

T.O. - had loads of talent, but squandered it acting like a damn fool. Stupid.

LeBron James - never embraced him. Sick of seeing his ugly mug.

James Harden - I can't get past this guy's look. He looks like a Unabomber working for the Taliban. He looks crazy. Classless lunatic.

A-Rod - steroids. I always thought he was overrated.

Tyson Gay - never measured up; wish he'd disappear.

Zab Judah - loud mouth ignoramus; brags too much because he's from Brooklyn before losing.

Adrien Broner - loud mouth ignoramus; classless fighter; sets the sport of Boxing back with his antics.

Dwight Howard - big, stupid buffoon, with an incredibly limited game. He's a joke and looks and acts like one. he will disappoint any team he plays for.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:53 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Meta World Peace

Old 10-23-2013, 12:01 PM

542 posts, read 1,683,138 times
Metta World Peace
Lebron James
Prince Fielder
Albert Pujols

Old 10-23-2013, 12:20 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Jim Kaat was the biggest d-bag when we'd ask him for his autograph.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,422,021 times
LeBron James: Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
Kevin Garnett - Dirty Player (but I wish he was on my teams)
I think what you may consider dirty, I consider hard, physical 80s/90s basketball. I wish the league was still like that.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:22 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Stallworth admitted he hit a jaywalker, paid millions and did some time............good enough. OJ murdered 2 people!

Tebow is a product of the media hype not his own hype.

T.O/Chad Johnson/Albert Haynesworth/Warren Sapp are just ignorant players basing their ego/persona on their paychecks. Now that the paychecks are ending for these guys they will just fade away.

Lebron just pulled the "show me the money" card, no reason to hate him for it, he just wanted to win/get paid.

Tiger is about as phoney as it gets both on/off the course but that image blew apart the day after Thanksgiving a few years back!

Schilling was just an egomaniac, now he is a broke egomaniac. Blowing 50mm on a video game venture that he felt was going to be a success because he was behind it is just stupidity. 50mm even at 5% return is 2.5mm a year for the rest of your life.....already had the trappings of wealth/mansions just needed the interest on that money to "maintain" the lifestyle.

Some of these guys are just talented players on their respective fields but total boneheads in their personal lives and sometimes they get remembered for their off field performances rather than what they achieved on the field.

Honorable Mention Boneheads: Tyson/Holyfield blowing 500MM+ collectively and both ending up broke! Both had scores of children/wives and insane spending like lottery winners! Just think what a box of condoms, a few girlfriends (vs. wives) and a court ordered team of financial experts would have saved them!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:34 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Jim Kaat was the biggest d-bag when we'd ask him for his autograph.
I CANT' BELIEVE THAT I JUST READ THIS!!

As a 10 year old, starry eyed baseball crazy kid, me and a few other kids waited outside Metropolitan Stadium to get autographs and Jim Kaat walked out. ALL of us asked politely, but he would grab our balls (I meant baseballs) or autograph books, sign them as we ran to keep up to him and practically throw them back at us as he walked towards the parking lot. Never said a word to us and if one of us got in the way, I know he would have knocked us down. I can't stand the bastard to this day.

Conversely, I'll always remember two class act guys who talked with us and were polite even when having to leave. Al Worthington and Sandy Valdespino. THEY made an impression on me too for life, but it was positive in how to be congenial to people even though you may have somewhere else to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports