Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 05:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times

Advertisements

Y! SPORTS

One of my heroes from my childhood. Loved his raspy voice and attitude!!! Kids, that was rasslin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 02:21 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
He was great And was a big reason why i've been a wrestling fan for the last 40 years.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:58 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Mad Dog was mentioned on a recent episode of the excellent wrestling podcast The Art of Wrestling. The guest talking briefly of Mad Dog stated he may have been the most famous athlete in Quebec at one point in time. I have my doubts that his fame eclipsed that of some who suited up for the Habs but I can't say for sure. There's a lot of respect for top wrestlers in Canada.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:54 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,857,597 times
As a kid growing up in the 1960's I embraced everything entertainment related, heh heh, which is why I was an underachiever in junior and high school. What I remember most about Mad Dog was that he was one of the earliest, maybe THE earliest, individual to use television as his vehicle as he not only promoted himself but Wrestling in general. Sadly he partially lost the use of one of his legs but it didn't slow him down any, am thinking this happened in the late 1980's.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:10 PM

36 posts, read 79,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Y! SPORTS

One of my heroes from my childhood. Loved his raspy voice and attitude!!! Kids, that was rasslin!
Legit bad-ass who would have been a star in any era.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:43 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,974 times
In 1964, with a good paying job, new MalibuSS, and a girlfriend...............this 19 year old tok her to a wrestling match at the old Minneapolis Auditorium.

It was the first time Mad Dog had ever wrestled in MN . He entered the ring and made a tour of the entire inside of the ring by jumping like he was on a pogo stick. Just as his old opponent from Chicago ( Billy somebody ? ) was taking of his hooded sweatshirt, Mad Dog attacked him. The guy never got the sweatshirt completely off his head before Mad Dog had beaten the tar out of him and finished him off with a pile driver.

Mad Dog continued to kick him as the fans booed and other wrestlers entered the ring to rescue Billy.
As they carried Billy out on a stretcher, Mad Dog snuck thru the crowd and attacked him biting him on his stomach.

An old woman siting near us took off her shoe and really cracked him hard on the side of the head.
He just gazed up at the ceiling with his teeth showing and spit running out of his mouth.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,974 times
Another time, my girlfriend and I had ringside seats.

Retired heavyweight boxing champ Rocky Marciano was guest referee.
Mad Dog wouldn't break an illegal hold so Marciano pulled Mad Dog off. Mad Dog then hit Marciano and Marciano gave Mad Dog an uppercut that sent Mad Dog crashing thru the ropes onto the floor in front of us.

Mad Dog staggered and fell into the lap of my girlfriend who shrieked in horror.

#1............because she hated Mad Dog
#2............he was dripping with sweat

( I thought it was funny )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports