Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 09:11 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times

Advertisements

2007 is leaving us (where did the time go?). So ends another news packed year of sports....
Florida wins the National Title in football and, back to back, in Men's basketball..... Peyton finnaly wins a ring and can no longer be called the next Dan Marino.... The Spurs won their 4th title, which might be a little controversal....*Bonds broke 755, also controversial.... and Jimmie Johnson, along with Oregon St. baseball and the Houston Dynamo in the MLS, won back to back titles of their own.
Of course, we also had our share of shame and sadness in sports, with the NBA refs (bad calls and gambling), Bonds (besides the record, what happened of the field...), Imus and the Rutgers women's basketball team... and the NFL's own troubles (the Vick case and three deaths...).
But this thread is mainly about the champs. Here's a list of the major National and World Champions of 2007, incase you've been living under a rock...
  • NFL: Indianapolis Colts
  • College Football: Florida Gators
  • Arena Football: San Jose SaberCats
  • NBA: San Antonio Spurs
  • WNBA: Pheonix Mercury
  • Men's College Hoops: Florida
  • Women's College Hoops: Tennessee
  • MLB: Boston Red Sox
  • College Baseball: Oregon St.
  • NHL: Anaheim Ducks
  • MLS: Houston Dynamo
  • NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson

You only have one month left this year to brag, so let it all out.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 09:36 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,938 times
The Colts and Gators(FB) are actually considered the 2006 season champions.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,368,485 times
I still cant believe the Ducks won the Cup. Something is wrong with this world....

Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
The Colts and Gators(FB) are actually considered the 2006 season champions.
Well yeah, but the Super Bowl and BCS championship game were played this year. That's why they're on the list. It's the same thing I did last year.... even though they're considered last year's champion, I count them for this year (since this is a year end thread ).

BTW, I didn't even notice the Ducks won the cup until two weeks after...

Old 11-29-2007, 12:25 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well yeah, but the Super Bowl and BCS championship game were played this year. That's why they're on the list. It's the same thing I did last year.... even though they're considered last year's champion, I count them for this year (since this is a year end thread ).

BTW, I didn't even notice the Ducks won the cup until two weeks after...
I get it, sorry for nitpicking.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:32 PM

Y'know, after watching the Ravens almost beat the Pats and almost ruin their perfect season, but didn't because they made stupid decisions and blow another chance for fans to know them for something other than completely suckin' and continuing to be a HUGE disappointment this year.... I got to thinking.....

What if the Patriots did lose and they didn't have a perfect season?
Everyone is debating if the NFL or the refs are conspiring to keep the Pats undefeated.
This does two things:
-It makes for another great story line in the already drama filled NFL, and
-It puts the refs in the news... again.
2007 hasn't been kind to the referees, hasn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports