Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the French Open (Rolland Garros) 2014
Rafael Nadal 4 28.57%
Novak Djokovic 6 42.86%
Stan Wawrinka 0 0%
Roger Federer 2 14.29%
David Ferrer 0 0%
Andy Murray 2 14.29%
Tomas Berdych 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 PM

351 posts, read 499,570 times

Advertisements

Who do you think will win Fed-Gulbis?
Heart says Federer, but if Gulbis plays will, he could potentially win in 4...hopefully I'm wrong.

Now I do have to say how LAUGHABLE Nadal's draw has become...his luck never ends.. Fed gets Gulbis, Djokovic gets Tsonga, Murray gets Kohlschreiber......Nadal gets Mayer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 06:31 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,572,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Who do you think will win Fed-Gulbis?
Heart says Federer, but if Gulbis plays will, he could potentially win in 4...hopefully I'm wrong.

Now I do have to say how LAUGHABLE Nadal's draw has become...his luck never ends.. Fed gets Gulbis, Djokovic gets Tsonga,......Nadal gets Mayer
You are comparing apples to oranges. Fed gets Gulbis at 4th round, Djokovic gets Tsonga at 4th round, Nadal gets Mayer at 3rd round.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:35 AM

The likely Quarter Finalists are:

Nadal vs. Ferrer (Laughable? I don't think so)

Murray vs. Fognini

Federer vs. Berdych

Djokovic v. Raonic

Old 05-31-2014, 10:44 AM

The most anticipated and with the consensus of the most competitive 4th round is Djokovic vs. Tsonga.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
The most anticipated and with the consensus of the most competitive 4th round is Djokovic vs. Tsonga.
I think Federer vs. Gulbis could be quite competitive if Federer is playing pretty well (serve clicking) and if Gulbis doesn't clown around...
Nadal vs. Lajovic on the other hand Draw from hell continues

Old 05-31-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
You are comparing apples to oranges. Fed gets Gulbis at 4th round, Djokovic gets Tsonga at 4th round, Nadal gets Mayer at 3rd round.
Sorry, I meant Lajovic...still the same

Old 05-31-2014, 03:09 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,176 times
No surprise that Murray vs Kohlschreiber went the distance. Kohli used to be one of my favorite players (before he started whining about five-setters) and he has really troubled the top players at times. He upset Djokovic a few years ago and gave Nadal a hard time at last year's U.S. Open. I also remember he upset Roddick back when Roddick was somebody. Unfortunately, he has always been inconsistent with his game.

Quote:
Nadal vs. Lajovic on the other hand Draw from hell continues
It's pathetic how much time you spend hating Nadal. Did he reject your plea for an autograph or something?

Old 05-31-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
No surprise that Murray vs Kohlschreiber went the distance. Kohli used to be one of my favorite players (before he started whining about five-setters) and he has really troubled the top players at times. He upset Djokovic a few years ago and gave Nadal a hard time at last year's U.S. Open. I also remember he upset Roddick back when Roddick was somebody. Unfortunately, he has always been inconsistent with his game.

It's pathetic how much time you spend hating Nadal. Did he reject your plea for an autograph or something?
No, it's just time that his fans see the truth...Nadal is an untalented pusher who doesn't play tennis-- he plays marathons, only trying to outlast his opponents while showing his supposed "talent" by playing moonballs...that is not tennis.

His fake injuries, his on-court cheating and coaching, his butt picking, his fake humility, and his never ending luck.

I mean: Federer vs. Gulbis, Djokovic vs. Tsonga, Nadal vs. LAJOVIC....

Old 05-31-2014, 05:04 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,176 times
Quote:
No, it's just time that his fans see the truth...Nadal is an untalented pusher who doesn't play tennis-- he plays marathons, only trying to outlast his opponents while showing his supposed "talent" by playing moonballs...that is not tennis.

His fake injuries, his on-court cheating and coaching, his butt picking, his fake humility, and his never ending luck.

I mean: Federer vs. Gulbis, Djokovic vs. Tsonga, Nadal vs. LAJOVIC....
It's not Nadal's fault/doing he has that draw, and he's gotten his fair share of tough ones, though you haters always manage to say he still has a "cakewalk draw" anyway. Or are you of the crowd that actually believes Toni rigs the draws?

Why do fans need to see the truth? Why not just let them like who they want to like? You aren't going to change their minds. And I won't change yours either, but it'd be nice to talk in a tennis forum without people going on and on about the players they hate. Really, it's just sad.

On another topic, Djokovic vs Tsonga may be interesting but it likely won't go the way I want it to go...

Old 05-31-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I meant Lajovic...still the same
You talk like Nadal controls the drawing AND he paid cash so that higher ranked players lose early. And, you also talk like Nadal NEVER had to face Djokovic and Federer in any of his 13 Grand Slam wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports