Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 12:33 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Can you enlighten me?

I only suspect it because of her abnormally large arms.

ever consider that she may workout? I believe professional tennis players get tested.....ask Cilic about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 02:13 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
Geez - Serena Williams has always had a muscular build, even when she was still a teenager. She's a top level athlete and probably trains all the time. Can we keep what she looks like out of the discussion about her tennis play?

Old 09-08-2014, 02:34 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Although no real interest in the result, look forward to the contrast in styles in today's final.
Cilic, the monster who has been bombing his opponents out of the way having stepped up his serve to another level, and the incredible speed, fitness, retrieving ability and all round game of Nishikori.
With no disrespect to the 2 players, both probably have to take this likely only opportunity to win a Slam (although I can see Kei doing a Lleyton Hewitt style of run for a while, Cilic probably not).

Old 09-08-2014, 03:47 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_Smith View Post
Google Serena Williams and Panic Room....
That's interesting. I think you're right if she was ever caught it would tarnish the history books forever. My mind is made up; she's a juicer IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Geez - Serena Williams has always had a muscular build, even when she was still a teenager. She's a top level athlete and probably trains all the time. Can we keep what she looks like out of the discussion about her tennis play?
It's relevant to the discussion.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:54 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
I still want her checked for PEDs. Either that or a chromosome check, if you catch my drift.
I don't really like Serena but she is clearly better than most of the other women, and she doesn't have to dope to be good. Watch it before you accuse players of cheating. Just makes you look like a classless jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_Smith View Post
I don't get on her case about it though. Quite a few in the sport are doping, both genders. The associations don't appear to give a ****. If one of the top draws got nailed, they'd be in a large world of hurt.

With the grueling schedule they play, it's idiocy to think it's not rampant.
Hmm so exactly how are you an expert? Ask Gasquet, Cilic and Troicki about nobody caring about drugs in tennis.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I don't really like Serena but she is clearly better than most of the other women, and she doesn't have to dope to be good. Watch it before you accuse players of cheating. Just makes you look like a classless jerk.
Really?

It's pretty evident that her arms are larger than pretty much all of her opponents - even larger than quite a few of the smaller men on the ATP. Moreover, they are markedly larger than any female even close to that.

And so what if men have got caught? Serena is their gravy train and they wouldn't even want to catch her.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:20 PM

Cilic up 2 sets to love, a hard road back for Nishikori from here.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:37 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
It's pretty evident that her arms are larger than pretty much all of her opponents - even larger than quite a few of the smaller men on the ATP. Moreover, they are markedly larger than any female even close to that.
This may shock you but not all people have the same body type and some are more capable of building muscle mass than others. Surprising right??

As another poster mentioned, Serena has been muscular since forever, so according to you she was doping when she was a kid, I guess.

I think you need to get over yourself though, you seem kind of obsessed with her.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Congrats to Cilic and his team, 2014 USO champion.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:14 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
Was Cilic even in the top 10, outside the Big 4, most likely to win the next Grand Slam two weeks ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports