Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 09:39 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times

Advertisements

There's strong suspicion that once Woods dropped Fluff and went to Steve Williams, he started using HGH and/or other PEDs (via Tiger's former coach, Hank Haney and others). No actual proof yet that would stand up in court. But enough to put him in the same boat as Bonds or Clemens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 09:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
There's strong suspicion that once Woods dropped Fluff and went to Steve Williams, he started using HGH and/or other PEDs (via Tiger's former coach, Hank Haney and others). No actual proof yet that would stand up in court. But enough to put him in the same boat as Bonds or Clemens.
But for the sake of this topic lets suppose its true so we can give Tiger a good unsubstantiated bashing.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:06 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,987,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
But for the sake of this topic lets suppose its true so we can give Tiger a good unsubstantiated bashing.
If you feel the same way about Bonds and Clemens, then fine, I'll respect your take. But if you don't, that would be a bit hypocritical.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:45 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
If you feel the same way about Bonds and Clemens, then fine, I'll respect your take. But if you don't, that would be a bit hypocritical.
With no evidence whatsoever you are putting him in the same league as Bonds and Clemens,for something you think he might have done, sounds to me you are just looking for any excuse to get a hate on for Tiger.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:15 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
With no evidence whatsoever you are putting him in the same league as Bonds and Clemens,for something you think he might have done, sounds to me you are just looking for any excuse to get a hate on for Tiger.
And you appear to be going out of your way to defend him. I have given you my reasons for not liking Tiger and I did not mentioned PEDs. That article I posted was pretty cold, I was always raised to believe that you don't do that to family. These were not distant relatives who came out of the blue with their hand out. They grew up spending a lot of time together, then he simply cut them off at the knee with no explanation and denied his own family when he really needed help. This on top of all the other things I mentioned.

As for HGH it's been long rumored, much as there were rumors about Lance Armstrong for years. Face it, he got much bigger and stronger during the height of the steroid era. His strength allowed him to dominate. Now his body appears to be breaking down prematurely. Anyone looking at it objectively and says there is no chance is just being naive. Of course there is a chance Tiger did PEDs. There's a very good chance IMO.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:24 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
He's just a corny/lame guy who is very lucky he's good at sports

Old 02-04-2015, 08:38 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Sad to say, but nope, I no longer care.

When he was good he was awesome. He was growing to legendary status, just owning the rest of the field. Then it all hit the fan, and for years now he's been barely average. His story of doing lousy still makes the headlines like he's a #1, hearing his name more the McElroy and Mickelson and others who are actually playing decent.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:08 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I think Tiger's brilliance in the past explains why the networks still follow him. He has moved the needle like nobody else so naturally ESPN etc will cover him even now, every one of us wants to know what he's doing.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
he just withdrew with the Farmers Open with back injury....he really needs to just retire.

Old 02-05-2015, 03:57 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
There are new guys out there. Look even if the things he has done in his personal life did not occur, eventually he would have been replaced by new Gold player, which is the case in all sports.

Tiger Woods is no longer in his prime, and that is normal.

To answer your question, no no one gives a damn about except his most ardent fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports