Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 06:05 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm wondering now that Lesnar has re-signed what he will do now that he doesnt have the belt, is he going to remain a once a year player like Rock/Undertaker or could he possibly be considering a weekly wrestling career.
I was legitimately surprised to hear that. I really thought Brock would just lose last night (which happened) and walk away.

But yeah, he's staying, I guess. Could be another Rock/Taker situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 10:20 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
Well, this is after all a Sports forum. Did you check any of the Entertainment forums?
Yeah, it should be in the TV sub-section since they are a bunch of actors. They should be eligible for Tony Awards, basically watching a play.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:33 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
It could fit in either as its sports entertainment.As its very athletic in nature i thought i'd put the topic in the sports section.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:43 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Its a big event. Only goes to a select few of cities.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:52 AM

Enjoyable evening.
However i didnt get the point of bringing Shano back just to lose.Impressive jump from the top of the cage.

Old 04-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Rather astounding that 100K went to the event,millions more watched on tv,
then another record crowd attended Monday Night Raw.And it seems i'm the only CD member interested in this form of entertainment.

Old 04-05-2016, 04:53 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Rather astounding that 100K went to the event,millions more watched on tv,
then another record crowd attended Monday Night Raw.And it seems i'm the only CD member interested in this form of entertainment.
I still watch.. Though, usually on FF with TiVo, stopping to watch the 'good' parts.

Mania kinda sucked this year. I liked Zack Ryder winning the IC title.. Then he loses it the next night.

jericho/Styles was a good match, but.. Just from a technical standpoint.. Storyline, it was played out already.

LON/New Day.. We know that Barrett is leaving, so, that part of Raw wasn't a surprise.

They still haven't turned Reigns heel.. That should have been done by now. I kept thinking that WWE just wished they had some swerve to pull like with the MitB last year.

Shane/Taker was a great callback to the 'hardcore' style.. Good match, but again, crappy story. No doubt this happened only because Sting was injured. I thought that having a Seth Rollins run-in during this match, costing Shane would have been a good payoff.. But, i'm guessing that they have plans to turn him face on his return.. Which should be in a couple of months(May to August). So, I suppose the Reigns turn will coincide with Rollins' return.

Good to see Cesaro back. I was scared to death that they were going to cram Cena down our throats in that match.

I thought Charlotte should have gotten a clean win.

I had the opportunity to go to Wrestlemania V back in the day.. Wish i had.. I looked at tickets this year and they're just ungodly.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:22 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times
I thought WrestleMania 32 was one of the best ever and I have seen them all!

Zack Ryder losing on RAW was classically done involving his father like that and smart because they set it up nicely for new fresh feuds for the IC belt and now guys like Owens, Zayne, Styles etc... can move on to chase the WWE Championship.

Jericho vs Styles was great given where they were going on RAW. Plus the ending made sense being this was Styles first Mania and Jericho being a Mania Veteran.

I too would like to see Roman turn heel now. It was hard for them before because he is such a big seller of merchandise and is over big time with the crowds that go to house shows and most RAW and Smackdowns.
While I do like his, "I'm not a bad guy. I'm not a good guy. I'm THE guy!" thing, I'd still like to see him turn full heel now and take the Usos and Samoa Joe along with him. Maybe make Paul Heyman their manger since he has a history working with the Samoans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewd1lkIMGR0

I really LOVE the way the Women's title match ended. It was classic pro wrestling at it's best and sets up many more great matches for Charlotte and eventually a HUGE one on one showdown with Sasha! Although, I'm not sure which match would be bigger... Charlotte vs Sasha for the title or Charlotte vs Bayley?

Only two things I would have changed about WrestleMania 32.
First, I wish Shane would have won and they would have done some sorta brand split. However, it was a GREAT match and who knows how much Shane really wants to be involved going forward.
Secondly, I think the Dudley Boyzs made a mistake getting the tables, unless they are going to turn the Usos heel soon. If the Usos aren't turning heel, then the Dudley Boyzs should have told the crowd to kiss their ass and then let the Usos get the tables.

That said, I thought it was a great WrestleMania and the WWE did a wonderful job of saving it after all the unfortunate injuries as of late.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:36 AM

I'm really liking the NXT players coming up.,
Now that Bailey no longer has the NXT title it would be a good time to bring her up.
Was hoping Zack would get that belt back.
Was that really DDP in that Battle Royal match, i wasnt paying attention to that match,my daughter said what did you think of DDP in the match

Old 04-07-2016, 11:46 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times
Quote:
I'm really liking the NXT players coming up.,
Now that Bailey no longer has the NXT title it would be a good time to bring her up.
Was hoping Zack would get that belt back.
Was that really DDP in that Battle Royal match, i wasnt paying attention to that match,my daughter said what did you think of DDP in the match
I agree about Bayley but they are just now starting to tour with NXT and they need some big stars to sell tickets and get them going.
I think they have set it up for a good feud between Zack and Miz but only time will tell.
DDP and Tatanka were both in the battle royal. Fun to see the old timers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports