Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 11:22 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,328,394 times

Advertisements

I don't think any of us here are former professional athletes, but what are some sports that you are the best among your group of friends or family? What sports are you not so good at?

Good:
Basketball

Decent:
Football
Baseball

Terrible:
Soccer
Tennis
Others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 12:07 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
I don't think any of us here are former professional athletes, but what are some sports that you are the best among your group of friends or family? What sports are you not so good at?

Good:
Basketball

Decent:
Football
Baseball

Terrible:
Soccer
Tennis
Others
I used to pitch slow-pitch softball (coed), and my accuracy was fairly decent. Also, my batting enabled me to hit well, and my running speed helped get me on base, plus run for extra bases.

Also, did very well at horseshoes, because it reminded me of slow-pitch softball!

However, basketball was never my finest hour.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:16 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,933,171 times
Good: Golf, Baseball/Softball, Tennis, Football, Hockey

Ok: Basketball

"Nice try" : Soccer

The "good" categories I have played competitively in the past and still enjoy even now... Basketball was always fun with friends and playing "pickup" games. Soccer.... just not for me.

Out of the entire list... Golf is my best sport.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:50 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
best sport was football but my disdain for coaches and practice hampered my efforts there

fairly decent at tug o' war and I know I could have been a professional buzkashi player 'cept no one else in my neighborhood cared much about it and I didn't have a real horse and the neighbors kept a close watch on their goats

never got the hang of figure skating or tumbling

Old 06-16-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
best sport was football but my disdain for coaches and practice hampered my efforts there

fairly decent at tug o' war and I know I could have been a professional buzkashi player 'cept no one else in my neighborhood cared much about it and I didn't have a real horse and the neighbors kept a close watch on their goats

never got the hang of figure skating or tumbling

Old 06-16-2015, 05:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
baseball/softball is my best sport. in slow pitch i am a master at psyching out the batter.

auto racing is a close second for me.

after that football and basketball are a close third.

beyond that though i am somewhat rubbish in everything else, though i did reasonably well in tennis. out a ping pong paddle in my hand though and i will give just about anyone a run for their money, and drive them nuts doing it.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
baseball/softball is my best sport. in slow pitch i am a master at psyching out the batter.

auto racing is a close second for me.

after that football and basketball are a close third.

beyond that though i am somewhat rubbish in everything else, though i did reasonably well in tennis. out a ping pong paddle in my hand though and i will give just about anyone a run for their money, and drive them nuts doing it.
Tell me about it! However, getting smacked in the mouth or between the eyes isn't my idea of a relaxing game of table tennis! Full-contact ping-pong, anybody?

Old 06-16-2015, 09:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Tell me about it! However, getting smacked in the mouth or between the eyes isn't my idea of a relaxing game of table tennis! Full-contact ping-pong, anybody?
hmmm, full contact ping pong eh? sounds interesting. so how would this work? you play teams or just one on one?

Old 06-17-2015, 08:58 AM

933 posts, read 1,478,087 times
Good:
ping pong (if this counts!)

Decent:
basketball
cross country (when I ran in high school...not now!)

Mediocre to poor:
tennis

Terrible:
football
baseball

Old 06-18-2015, 12:40 AM

906 posts, read 712,387 times
The only sport which i wasnt too good at was baseball. But, why lie, ive always been good at any sport ive tried. Basketball i was a beast, football to me is actually too easy. Never tried hockey, but skating makes my ankles hurt. Running, sprinting, in soccer i was good too, played defense and you seriously couldnt score on me. Rugby too. I played goal keeper in handball as well lol

I once played tennis for the first time and scored on a guy too easily. Later i told him i had never played a game of tennis and he refused to believe me.

I can hit a golf ball straight, and ive only ever played golf like 3 times.

I remember at the age of 9 i beat my very athletic father, 6 3 and black, in a game of badminton. I took him all over the court and sprained his ankle lol

Idk, im 6ft, half black, lean and athletic..very few sports i cant be good at. Im just naturally talented.

If it wasnt for a childhood injury and moving constantly as a kid, id have easily been some sort of professional athlete. But, life took me elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports