Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 09:54 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,118,445 times

Advertisements

Congratulations to one of the great broadcasters of our time Dick Enberg on his entry into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

I have always enjoyed listening to Mr. Enberg------a very fine broadcaster, and a decent and classy man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 12:38 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,423,623 times
He is the voice of the San Diego Padres, which I recently found out when given a free trial of MLB Network games. I liked him broadcasting NFL games on NBC in the 80's.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:40 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,932,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He is the voice of the San Diego Padres, which I recently found out when given a free trial of MLB Network games. I liked him broadcasting NFL games on NBC in the 80's.

.... And 90s and early 2000s as well! But yes he was one of my favorite NFL announcers. I always liked Don Criqui too!

Old 07-29-2015, 09:37 PM

18,159 posts, read 25,699,603 times
I remember Dick Enberg's first NFL assignment. And it was a big one. It was the 1977 AFC Championship game-Broncos vs. Raiders. I have it on VHS tape in fact. (yep, I'm old.) The commentary man was former KC Chief and NFL HOF quarterback Len Dawson. Later Enberg worked with Bob Trumpy, Merlin Olsen, John Brodie, and many others. Others who are in prime time now, such as Phil Sims.

He could handle several sports and do it with ease. And I've seen several interviews on youtube with the above mentioned men and all of them said he was not only a pleasure to work with but even a bigger pleasure just to be around. Olsen said that Enberg had a way to bring out the information out of a person, how to bring out the best of a person.

Dick Enberg is class, in AND out of the broadcast booth. Fact!

Old 08-01-2015, 03:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,423,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
.... And 90s and early 2000s as well! But yes he was one of my favorite NFL announcers. I always liked Don Criqui too!
Don Criqui (currently the voice of Notre Dame football) and Bob Trumpy were my all time favorite game day broadcast duo.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,017,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I remember Dick Enberg's first NFL assignment. And it was a big one. It was the 1977 AFC Championship game-Broncos vs. Raiders. I have it on VHS tape in fact. (yep, I'm old.) The commentary man was former KC Chief and NFL HOF quarterback Len Dawson. Later Enberg worked with Bob Trumpy, Merlin Olsen, John Brodie, and many others. Others who are in prime time now, such as Phil Sims.

He could handle several sports and do it with ease. And I've seen several interviews on youtube with the above mentioned men and all of them said he was not only a pleasure to work with but even a bigger pleasure just to be around. Olsen said that Enberg had a way to bring out the information out of a person, how to bring out the best of a person.

Dick Enberg is class, in AND out of the broadcast booth. Fact!
I totally agree, HH. Enberg IS class.

He called Angels and Rams games with Don Drysdale. Listening to them was all kinds of fun. The post game interviews with Drysdale and the players were always a kick to listen to. It wasn't unusual to hear Enberg laughing in the background when Drysdale started ribbing the players.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:44 AM

4,436 posts, read 7,643,247 times
There was no better play-by-play team than him and the late, great, Al McGuire!

A response to a great move by David Rivers of Notre Dame......

"Oh, my!"

"Dick, I'll give you and 'Oh, my' on that one!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports