Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 04:16 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
George Brett and the infamous "pine tar" incident vs the NYY !
Yeah I know George Brett was furious over that but the controversy had more to do with either the American League president Lee MacPhail or the umpire Tim McClelland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 05:18 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
If you want to go with "memorable" the Tyson "ear bite" or the Nancy Kerrigan attack are wayyyy up there.

In terms of worst I have to go with the crippling, in some cases potentially lethal assaults on other players and then that gets you into auto-racing bigtime.

Has there been anyone sent to prison for a sports related assault?

Old 01-18-2016, 07:25 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you want to go with "memorable" the Tyson "ear bite" or the Nancy Kerrigan attack are wayyyy up there.

In terms of worst I have to go with the crippling, in some cases potentially lethal assaults on other players and then that gets you into auto-racing bigtime.

Not sure. But Kermit Washington should have been for sucker punching Rudy tomjanovich

Old 01-18-2016, 07:47 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Not sure. But Kermit Washington should have been for sucker punching Rudy tomjanovich
Yeah, seems like everyone has been reluctant to touch that sorta stuff criminally as it could turn into this ugly tit-for-tat stuff between teams and towns.

ie) Boston arrests Yankees player for beaning boston player....NYC arrests boston pitcher and so forth.

Just wondering what happens the first time someone actually dies or winds up a quad due to something and if that then "changes the game" so to speak.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:54 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
You took mine.

Old 01-18-2016, 11:07 AM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Moss's moon was hilarious and well deserved (Pack fans are relentlessly bad to players) - and proved what a joke Joe Buck is.

As to true lacking of sportsmanship, probably the Pistons walking out before the end of a play-off game against the Bulls. Nothing worse than a sore loser. It ended up costing Isiah quite a lot.
I thought the moon was really disgusting. I would have scrubbed that goal post down with chlorine and sulfur dioxide before sending it to the scrap metal pile.

I'd agree with Woody Hayes, Bertuzzi hit on Steve Moore as was mentioned. Would have liked to see that punk try that on any number of other Avs, like Adam Foote. He would have got a Foote stuck between his eyes.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:28 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
i am appalled at the things players are allowed to get away with these days so my picks would be:

Victor Rojas and Michael Moreno and their coaches. (high school students that targeted the ref)

Jarmal Reid - Oregon State. (purposely tripped the ref)

I think anyone that physically targets a referee should be permanently GONE. If their coach disagrees then the coach should also be permanently GONE.

Old 01-21-2016, 07:09 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
Quote:
George Brett and the infamous "pine tar" incident vs the NYY !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Yeah I know George Brett was furious over that but the controversy had more to do with either the American League president Lee MacPhail or the umpire Tim McClelland.

I wouldn't call Brett's going berserk after being called out unsportsmanlike, as I can't blame him one bit for reacting that way. At least he didn't actually do anything to any of the umpires (thanks to being restrained by his teammates).

I do think that the umpires made the right call and that MacPhail was wrong to overrule them.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I thought the moon was really disgusting. I would have scrubbed that goal post down with chlorine and sulfur dioxide before sending it to the scrap metal pile.
For once I agree with Joe Buck as the moon was a disgusting act.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

James Butler, former boxer, was arrested for aggravated assault on Richard "The Allen" Grant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_...xer)#Biography
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports