Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:13 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,368,383 times

Advertisements

Anybody remember when Sean Taylor was ejected in Tampa for spitting in Michael Pittman's face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4OlJpGEWZU

He was fined $17,000 for that.

Redskins' Taylor Is Fined $17,000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 03:36 PM

308 posts, read 235,720 times
Drug taking cheat Linford Christie after he got disqualified from the 1996 Olympic 100 metre final for two false starts.You were allowed two back then.

This low life refused to go back to the changing area and delayed the thing for ages.

I already knew all about his dodgy urine tests, from someone who was a very good athlete herself.

He also used to push all the little kids who wanted his autograph out of the way if the camera wasnt watching.Didnt like it much when i gave him some c**p

Talking of drug cheats who dont like abuse,Butch Reynolds a 400 m American runner complained about what i said to him while he was warming up in the outside lane.Steward just laughed.

But never mind all these unsportsmanlike acts,the one i really HATE and would love to meet up with is Michael Vick!!!

Old 12-14-2017, 09:40 AM

14,813 posts, read 11,922,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
Drug taking cheat Linford Christie after he got disqualified from the 1996 Olympic 100 metre final for two false starts.You were allowed two back then.

This low life refused to go back to the changing area and delayed the thing for ages.

I already knew all about his dodgy urine tests, from someone who was a very good athlete herself.

He also used to push all the little kids who wanted his autograph out of the way if the camera wasnt watching.Didnt like it much when i gave him some c**p

Talking of drug cheats who dont like abuse,Butch Reynolds a 400 m American runner complained about what i said to him while he was warming up in the outside lane.Steward just laughed.

But never mind all these unsportsmanlike acts,the one i really HATE and would love to meet up with is Michael Vick!!!
As an Englishman Ian you might understand the argument for 'Jose Mourinho' :-), an awful lot of 'unsporting behaviour' from that guy! I believe his latest is causing the mass brawl at Old Trafford.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 AM

939 posts, read 501,224 times
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but Charles Martin body slam of Jim McMahon in 1986, at least 2 SECONDS AFTER McMahon had released the ball as the cheapest of the cheap. Martin had a bounty list; I think it was five Bears' players numbers written in marker on his towel, including McMahon and Walter Payton.
I still hate what Jack Tatum did in paralyzing Daryl Stingley in a pre-season game. Yeah, what Tatum did was pretty standard in pro football back in the day. But Tatum showed no remorse after the hit, nor when Stingley was in the hospital. (In fact between both teams, John Madden was the only one to visit Stingley initially after the game) And again, it was a pre-season game. So I still classify it as "unsportsmanlike" as any play in sports history.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:13 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,847,743 times
That McMahon slam was brutal.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:31 AM

308 posts, read 235,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
As an Englishman Ian you might understand the argument for 'Jose Mourinho' :-), an awful lot of 'unsporting behaviour' from that guy! I believe his latest is causing the mass brawl at Old Trafford.
Mourinho can show bad sportsmanship but then a lot of the top premier league managers are like that.Fergie for all his talent was pretty bad.The thing with Mourinho is he never gives the opposing team any credit.though i still find it hard to go beyond Christie,horrible drug taking thug,he possibly altered that race by the time it took to get off the track.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:32 PM

6,916 posts, read 3,907,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Some people might also remember the person who attacked Nancy Kerrigan in the 1994 Winter Olympic Games.
FYI, it was Tonya's husband who cooked up that scheme. And his bozo buddies who carried it out. And the attack was at the National Championships in Detroit, not in Lillehammer.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:03 PM

How about Marcus Peters throwing the official’s flag into the stands? He was suspended one game and was fined for his actions

Old 12-13-2019, 08:59 PM

Bringing this thread up to date, despite not watching the fight on tv I am also going with Myles Garrett helmet swing on Mason Rudolph of the Steelers. Just terrible

Old 12-18-2019, 12:18 PM

485 posts, read 963,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Bringing this thread up to date, despite not watching the fight on tv I am also going with Myles Garrett helmet swing on Mason Rudolph of the Steelers. Just terrible
And then Garrett trying to bring the race card into it? Now, Rudolph could have acted with a bit more restraint and this whole thing could have de-escalated, however, to claim racism when there was no evidence thereof, is double downing on idiocy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports