Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 08:24 AM

6,336 posts, read 4,836,145 times

Advertisements

1. Players are showing off too much, especially in Football. Every time thy make a tackle you think they won the lottery. Just play the game.

2. Too many commercials and game stoppages. It used to take 2 hours to watch a football game now its 3+. Basketball is even more ridiculous with 6 minutes of commercials then they throw in the ball and a foul and more commercials.

3. Insane amount of money players are getting. Players are insulted with a measly 100 million dollar contract. Journeymen are getting 15 million.

4. Hockey is roller derby on skates. Fighting and beating up players. I had an occasion to attend the Winter Olympics and there was just hockey with no fighting, no grabbing just great hockey and fun to watch.

After a lifetime of being an avid sports fan I no longer watch or care except Soccer which my new family loves and there are no commercial stoppages. Yayyy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 09:30 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,954,736 times
as you eventually start caring less, I'd be interested to know what those new reasons for you to care even less than you do now are.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:38 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,375,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
1. Players are showing off too much, especially in Football. Every time thy make a tackle you think they won the lottery. Just play the game.

2. Too many commercials and game stoppages. It used to take 2 hours to watch a football game now its 3+. Basketball is even more ridiculous with 6 minutes of commercials then they throw in the ball and a foul and more commercials.

3. Insane amount of money players are getting. Players are insulted with a measly 100 million dollar contract. Journeymen are getting 15 million.

4. Hockey is roller derby on skates. Fighting and beating up players. I had an occasion to attend the Winter Olympics and there was just hockey with no fighting, no grabbing just great hockey and fun to watch.

After a lifetime of being an avid sports fan I no longer watch or care except Soccer which my new family loves and there are no commercial stoppages. Yayyy

And you gave up on the Bills, didn't you?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:43 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,049,794 times
That's nice. So why are you on a sports forum, then?

Old 06-23-2016, 04:01 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,912,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's nice. So why are you on a sports forum, then?
That's exactly what I want to know.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:23 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,049,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's exactly what I want to know.
Kind of like people who go on the Relationship forum pretending to not wanting to be in one.

Or people who claim to be atheist getting on the Christianity forum. If they really didn't care, they wouldn't be there.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:41 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,750,280 times
OP if you dont care about sports anymore, then walk away completely. stop whining about what the players get paid, what the owners of the teams make, ticket prices, etc.

for instance, i dont like hockey, so i dont go on the hockey forums and complain about the sport, i let the hockey fanatics do that.

by the same token, i like nascar and pro football, so i visit those forums. and yes i do have complaints about both sports, and i voice them from time to time, but that isnt going stop me from watching these sports, or any other sport i like.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:02 AM

4,370 posts, read 4,334,482 times
Quote:

A lot of us record the events and then FF through the commercials.
Maybe you aren't watching the best sports for you to enjoy. I normally watch a lot of football and basketball but this past spring and early summer have been VERY entertained by the college softball and baseball tournaments (in addition, of course, to the NBA championships). So much better than the bulk of tv shows.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:44 PM

736 posts, read 352,182 times
I watch sports, but I don't care about sport.

I like watching sports like football, soccer in particular European football. I occasionally watch F1 racing. I prefer sports that are international as oppose to sports like basketball or American Football.

I don't care about sports in that I will never buy merchandise or support the sports. I don't like the idea that some else is make money off me over something that isn't ultimately that important and won't directly affect me. However, I would have no problem selling merchandise or to profit from a sport in someway.

I like hockey and all the hits and fighting.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:05 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,230,404 times
Quote:

4. Hockey is roller derby on skates.

I thought roller derby was roller derby on skates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports