Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 08:53 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times

Advertisements

The Olympics probably should have a swimming competition for the black athletes and a track competitions for non-blacks.

If you look at track athletes from the US, UK, France, even Germany, almost every single one is black. This is why the Dutch lady is admirable! Asian countries (China and Japan) who have no black population seem to be a great job entering many finals and semi-finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 AM

903 posts, read 582,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianreligions View Post
Thats like disrespectful to say his name with the likes of usain bolt.

And also that sport.....
Why is mentioning Michael Phelps along with Usain Bolt disrespectful to either one?

Both obtained the highest level of achievement in their sport. Both have trained ridiculously hard.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:01 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
There was no Asian athlete in the women's 200m finals, but there was a Caucasian Silver Medalist (Dafne Schippers)
Yes and he's lying because Christophe Lemaitre was in the semi-finals 100m and he's white.

Dafne Schippers was the only White person and only European person in the 100m final.

There were 6 white women in the 100m semi-final.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
The Olympics probably should have a swimming competition for the black athletes and a track competitions for non-blacks.

If you look at track athletes from the US, UK, France, even Germany, almost every single one is black. This is why the Dutch lady is admirable! Asian countries (China and Japan) who have no black population seem to be a great job entering many finals and semi-finals.
That is crazy. The race is supposed to pit the fastest or strongest or most skilled of all people against each other and see who is truly the fastest. The Olympics is color blind as it should be.

cd :O)

Old 08-18-2016, 09:05 AM

44 posts, read 41,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Why is mentioning Michael Phelps along with Usain Bolt disrespectful to either one?

Both obtained the highest level of achievement in their sport. Both have trained ridiculously hard.
Usains like on another level......

Old 08-18-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Usains like on another level......
My son and I talked about this last night. Usain's runs two events, the 100m and 200m. His coach even joked that he doesn't think he has ever even run a mile.

Phelps competes in how many different races, distances, and strokes?!?

They both are the best at what they do. They both have invested an insane amount of time, effort, and $ into being the best.

They both are two of the best athletes the world has ever seen. Each sport has truly amazing and great athletes. Mentioning any of them in the same sentence is not disrespectful at all.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Phelps competes in how many different races, distances, and strokes?!?
Huh? Are you even trying to compare the two????????? SMMFH You can't be ******* serious.... Don't even think about doing such a thing.

You are like so wrong to that.......

Last edited by christianreligions; 08-18-2016 at 09:28 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 09:19 AM

^and lil off topic: in everywhere and the world track and field or running is like more popular and or gets more attention..

Old 08-18-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Are you even trying to compare the two??????

You are like so wrong to that.......
Have you ran or swam?

Actually, I am pointing out how and why they don't really need to be compared. They both are the best at what they do. You seem to clearly think they can't be compared so I gave you a few nuggets to consider.

I have run, sprints and distance actually. I love running.

I have swam and just doing the strokes correctly takes an immense amount of dedication. I don't love swimming. The Butterfuly - I look like a fish out of water and that is being kind.

It is like those that try to compare Mayweather and McGregor. They are great in their sport. Most don't believe either would be great outside of their sport.

Usain is an unworldly, amazing, fantastic, incredible runner.

Phelps is an unworldly, amazing, fantastic, incredible swimmer.

Both have been at the top of their game for many, many years. Which can not be said about most other athletes.

You, my friend, are being blind to each man's amazing accomplishments. I'm not really sure why. It is okay to recognize both, without tearing down the other. There is nothing to tear them down about.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:38 AM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
There was no Asian athlete in the women's 200m finals, but there was a Caucasian Silver Medalist (Dafne Schippers)
You seem quite obsessed with Caucasians in sports.

You've mentioned this several times already about her.

Yes I get it that sprints have usually been dominated by those of African descent, but still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports