Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 02:29 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A small percentage of women does have sufficient natural testosterone to build like that. A small percentage also have the other characteristics to gain high performance as gymnasts.

If you develop a robust national process to identify, select, and train the small percentage that has both--and the US has developed such a process--then you can find them.

How many such young women might there be in a field of approximately 12,000,000 16-22-year old women? The US Olympic team. That's at least how many.
Of course some women have higher natural testosterone, but it is still ALWAYS within range. I've studied Testosterone FSH, Luteinizing hormone, Testosterone and dihydrotestosterone and so on. The female body, assuming she has all female reproductive organs, can only produce so much male hormones, no matter what. There is an established range. It's what makes us different sexes. A woman with highest natural state of producing male hormones, will still be outside the normal range of the lowest male. Now think about that for a minute. Some men, on the lower range don't build muscle very easily. And the highest naturally producing women, produce even less male hormones then the lowest of men on the scale.

These girls all juice. Or did at some points throughout their careers. The binders used for testosterone injections, determines how long it will be detectable on one's system. Oils last longer, and can be engineered to be more slowly released after injection. They learn and know how to time these things to avoid detection by the binding agents they use.

If professional sports were dead serious about stopping all cheating (and they are not) every athlete would have to submit full monthly labs. Or even bi-weekly. It's just like with drugs, we allow a certain amount of it to come into the country and catch a few here and there to make it look as if we are fighting the war on drugs. All professional athletes use enhancers. There is not a single NFL athlete that has never used steroids. Not a single one.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:38 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,049,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Whether a woman participates or not is up to her choice and her capabilities.

Whether anyone else watches or not the adult alternative open to anyone who does not participate.

Kvetching about what women do with whom you don't even have a personal relationship is childish and irrational.
I was talking about the trend in gymnastics, which has been changed by American girls to some extent. Definitely the OP of the thread does not like it either. So do not assume you represent all human beings.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Of course some women have higher natural testosterone, but it is still ALWAYS within range. I've studied Testosterone FSH, Luteinizing hormone, Testosterone and dihydrotestosterone and so on. The female body, assuming she has all female reproductive organs, can only produce so much male hormones, no matter what. There is an established range. It's what makes us different sexes. A woman with highest natural state of producing male hormones, will still be outside the normal range of the lowest male. Now think about that for a minute. Some men, on the lower range don't build muscle very easily. And the highest naturally producing women, produce even less male hormones then the lowest of men on the scale.

These girls all juice. Or did at some points throughout their careers. The binders used for testosterone injections, determines how long it will be detectable on one's system. Oils last longer, and can be engineered to be more slowly released after injection. They learn and know how to time these things to avoid detection by the binding agents they use.

If professional sports were dead serious about stopping all cheating (and they are not) every athlete would have to submit full monthly labs. Or even bi-weekly. It's just like with drugs, we allow a certain amount of it to come into the country and catch a few here and there to make it look as if we are fighting the war on drugs. All professional athletes use enhancers. There is not a single NFL athlete that has never used steroids. Not a single one.

That I don't agree with at all, nothing in life is 100%. I'm sure there are athletes out there who prefer to train and gain by using the all natural way, they prefer not to contaminate their body with drugs. Honor and integrity still exist, perhaps small in numbers but some people still believe in doing things the right way. I can't believe everybody in sports will choose to do the wrong thing. There are so many naturally talented people out there, gifted in their sport.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:26 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
[/b]

That I don't agree with at all, nothing in life is 100%. I'm sure there are athletes out there who prefer to train and gain by using the all natural way, they prefer not to contaminate their body with drugs. Honor and integrity still exist, perhaps small in numbers but some people still believe in doing things the right way. I can't believe everybody in sports will choose to do the wrong thing. There are so many naturally talented people out there, gifted in their sport.
There are, many in fact and they stay gifted in their sports as amateurs.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:30 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
All you need to know about this subject is? They all dope, every last one of them, or they wouldn't be there in the first place. No 100% natural athlete could compete in today's professional sports world. It's only a matter of who can hide it best and not get caught...Doping is so advanced now. Not like it was back in the 70's. So many options out there. Until professional sports admits this fact and faces reality, this will go on and on and on. These women, are not even real women anymore. As a man, ask yourself, really, would you want to be intimate with these women? Honestly? With all the feminine characteristics drowned away by high testosterone coursing through their veins. Women are instinctually attracted to men with higher testosterone. They can smell it, it even causes a reaction in them when they kiss a man with high T. It's in the saliva... It's biological. Men can detect women, who are more womanly and true feminine characteristics given off by female hormones. We have arrived at a place in time when women are becoming men and men are more feminine than ever.

All professional athletes dope. Quite acting shocked.
BINGO! We have a winner!!!

Every athlete at that level is using some form of performance enhancing drugs. Some are just better at hiding it.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:54 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
There are, many in fact and they stay gifted in their sports as amateurs.
No, I will never believe all 100% of every single athlete everywhere is doping. Sure the numbers could be pretty high, but to say absolutely all of them. I can understand if you say most of them, but to be so as a matter of facts about it.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
No, I will never believe all 100% of every single athlete everywhere is doping. Sure the numbers could be pretty high, but to say absolutely all of them. I can understand if you say most of them, but to be so as a matter of facts about it.
What a confusing post.

Translation, please.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:55 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
In previous Olympics you would occasionally see women (usually from eastern European countries) looking like men and then steroid use would be found. The women's USA gymnastics team has this appearance in spades. They all look like 25 yr old male body builders. How is the USA team explaining away the thick necks, over developed upper back muscles etc?

I find it painful to watch them. Very embarrassed for the USA.
Actually, I think they look and perform better than men. It's called lifting weights, training, effort, poise... get it?

Old 08-11-2016, 09:59 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
The number of extremely nasty comments in this thread makes me very sorry I ever opened it.

The worst thing I'll say about the look of this team is I wish the stylists would cut the leotard openings a little lower so we don't have to see quite so much (extremely muscular) ass. YMMV.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:08 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,471,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
In previous Olympics you would occasionally see women (usually from eastern European countries) looking like men and then steroid use would be found. The women's USA gymnastics team has this appearance in spades. They all look like 25 yr old male body builders. How is the USA team explaining away the thick necks, over developed upper back muscles etc?

I find it painful to watch them. Very embarrassed for the USA.
These women burn calories so quickly that they need to ingest 3000 of them to keep up with their training. Their workouts are intense. Gymnasts are pound for pound some of the world's fittest athletes. Did you really expect them to look like supermodels?

Are you going to start a new thread how women who just had a baby put on so much weight vs. before they got pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Gabby was 16 in London, not she's 20. If you spent as much time training as they did you would look different too, that is if you didn't get hurt in the first week or two.
This ^^
Many actors whose movie part had them go from skinny weakling to well toned, muscled men do so by following a regiment of exercise and lifting over the course of many, many months. This 'transformation' is not unlike what's happening with the gymnasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports