Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 10:42 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,609,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Really? Gymnasts have been stocky for decades. Look at Marylou.
Tall people don't make it far in gymnastics. That short gymnast is only 4ft 8. Also, the amount of training they do delays puberty. People with a bust also don't make it very far in gymnastics. Sure, they might be doping, but there is also strong selection pressure.

Old 08-08-2016, 10:59 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Michael Phelps was into doping

Old 08-08-2016, 11:10 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
I see what you did there....
Obviously you didn't. Here is the definition of using "in spades" as an idiom which is what I did.

In spades - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

Old 08-08-2016, 11:21 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
All you need to know about this subject is? They all dope, every last one of them, or they wouldn't be there in the first place. No 100% natural athlete could compete in today's professional sports world. It's only a matter of who can hide it best and not get caught...Doping is so advanced now. Not like it was back in the 70's. So many options out there. Until professional sports admits this fact and faces reality, this will go on and on and on. These women, are not even real women anymore. As a man, ask yourself, really, would you want to be intimate with these women? Honestly? With all the feminine characteristics drowned away by high testosterone coursing through their veins. Women are instinctually attracted to men with higher testosterone. They can smell it, it even causes a reaction in them when they kiss a man with high T. It's in the saliva... It's biological. Men can detect women, who are more womanly and true feminine characteristics given off by female hormones. We have arrived at a place in time when women are becoming men and men are more feminine than ever.

All professional athletes dope. Quite acting shocked.
If it's that painful for you to look at all these people who don't fit your standard of how each gender "should" look and aren't sufficiently attractive to stimulate you, then don't watch the Olympics.

That being said, if you still need a fix, you should watch rhythmic gymnastics instead of artistic gymnastics.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:09 PM

597 posts, read 667,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
All you need to know about this subject is? They all dope, every last one of them, or they wouldn't be there in the first place. No 100% natural athlete could compete in today's professional sports world. It's only a matter of who can hide it best and not get caught...Doping is so advanced now. Not like it was back in the 70's. So many options out there. Until professional sports admits this fact and faces reality, this will go on and on and on. These women, are not even real women anymore. As a man, ask yourself, really, would you want to be intimate with these women? Honestly? With all the feminine characteristics drowned away by high testosterone coursing through their veins. Women are instinctually attracted to men with higher testosterone. They can smell it, it even causes a reaction in them when they kiss a man with high T. It's in the saliva... It's biological. Men can detect women, who are more womanly and true feminine characteristics given off by female hormones. We have arrived at a place in time when women are becoming men and men are more feminine than ever.

All professional athletes dope. Quite acting shocked.
Whether they dope is separate from the question of whether the "look like men". I don't think any of them look like men.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:38 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
I have seen (though not often) young girls ... maybe 4 or 5 years old ... who were so very obviously 'built for' sports - their muscles even at that age and without any training, other than just being kids running around, were well defined. They just had athletic bodies and it was very noticeable. Most kids that age still sport baby fat to a certain extent and their arms and legs are not well muscled - but that kind of child does exist, even the female ones. I know though that even with all the work in the world, I would never have been able to develop even the muscles those kids already displayed.

Slightly off topic but in response to someone upthread who said something about how some of these athletes don't look like real people any more (or something to that effect) ... last night I was watching (I think it was) swimming and one of the swimmers had obviously had back problems at some time and undergone surgery in the lower back area. The interesting part though was that the scar looked just like a large very square flap ... like the kind one may have seen on the back of a doll where one inserts batteries so the doll will speak or otherwise 'perform'. It struck me at the time that perhaps that 'person' was not really one at all but some kind of robot. Not the case I am certain but it was strange nonetheless. That may not be so far from a possible reality though in the foreseeable future.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:18 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini8 View Post
Whether they dope is separate from the question of whether the "look like men". I don't think any of them look like men.
I agree that none of the gymnasts look like men.

But, do you know what does cause women to look like men? Men's Hormones. They become chemically More and more like men, and look like it. So, when the discussion of a female athlete turns to a masculine appearance, doping isn't an inappropriate turn for the conversation to take.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:48 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
If it's that painful for you to look at all these people who don't fit your standard of how each gender "should" look and aren't sufficiently attractive to stimulate you, then don't watch the Olympics.

That being said, if you still need a fix, you should watch rhythmic gymnastics instead of artistic gymnastics.

What should a woman who is an Olympic athlete look like? She is bound to have a different appearance than a regular female. Do most men look like Olympic athletes?

Old 08-08-2016, 03:33 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
A pic of the 2016 womens Olympic gymnastic team=
http://media.glamour.com/photos/5784...horizontal.jpg
Look like nice young ladies to me,if you think they look like men you might want to check your eyesight.
Their bodies maybe abnormally muscular but thats where their bodies have to be to do what they do at this level of the sport..

Old 08-08-2016, 03:52 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times
usa mens gymnastics team must be very disapointed to only come in fifth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports