Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:17 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

I hate when people say it is fake because, trust me, the injuries are often real. I know first hand, while it is choreographed and while all attempts are made at safety, accidents happen and people get hurt. Believe it or not, most parts of it hurt.
One of the first rules is : I will always protect my opponent.

I was talking with a guy Saturday a long time friend who is in the business. He writes a lot of the better shows here, and the whole idea is to get the fans interested, and keep them coming back. Same as any other show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 08:18 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
It's known before hand, but sometimes not with that much lead as the angles and stories are being written and adjusted pretty frequently.

Where you are on the card, who you match up with, how you win/lose, etc all matter very much to the wrestlers. They work hard and have egos and want to be showcased (which leads to more opportunity/money)

It is also more than just win/lose that matters, it's how they get there and they can be pretty well worked in advance or called in the ring with a couple key points to hit.

Even in a losing position your show up, put on a good show, do your job to get your opponent over and show that you can work and get the fans interested in you.... Even some loses can push them forward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports