Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 08:45 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,694,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Warner is an outstanding slipper, and even the best put down tough ones like that. It's not like they were simple. Having said that, I wish he never again represented Australia.

On the two DRS decisions you reference, what would have been the outcome if they had taken the review? It was very late here, so I didn't get to see that part of the days play. But you are right that the skill of employing the DRS is almost on par with actual cricketing skills these days. It's a shame.

On both the occassions, Ball was going to Hit the wickets. They had the reviews in hand but decided against taking DRS. Australia would have got two more wickets.

Tim Paine lacks the cricketing brain and talent which greats like Ricky Ponting or Virat Kohli got. Justin Langer was banging his head in Pavilion when he saw his Captain and Bowler not asking for DRS.

Last edited by munna21977; 08-18-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 07:00 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
On both the occassions, Ball was going to Hit the wickets. They had the reviews in hand but decided against taking DRS. Australia would have got two more wickets.

Tim Paine lacks the cricketing brain and talent which greats like Ricky Ponting or Virat Kohli got. Justin Langer was banging his head in Pavilion when he saw his Captain and Bowler not asking for DRS.
I think we should drop him and bring in Carey as keeper. Smith back to Captain.

Will be plenty of spice for the next Test! Root can expect plenty of attention after his decision to claim that catch on Marnus.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:09 PM

Good Test Match.

Tim Paine continued his woeful form as Captain today with two unsuccessful calls with DRS. He played an atrocious shot to get himself Out and put Australia under more Pressure later on in the day.

Great knock by Ben Stokes but I think that England were late in Declaring the innings. 30 or 40 more minutes earlier could have been better.

I am not sure about that Joe Root catch. 3rd Umpire saw something which my eye could not fathom or what ?

The new kid, Marnus Labuschagne and Head played a fine knock in saving Australia.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:50 PM

9,991 posts, read 5,691,547 times
Yeah, I sat there wondering what they were waiting for to declare. I guess they decided they'd rather take the draw than risk the loss on too thin a run margin.

I suspect the Root catch would have been upheld whichever way the call on the field went. Looked to me he had his fingers under the ball but it still looked like the ball bounced on the ground between his fingers. On the other hand you couldn't actually see the ball contact the ground so there you have it.

Meanwhile in Afghanistan, ACB has announced Shazad's suspension is effective for one year. They didn't say what for -- probably for slagging them off when they pulled him from the World Cup.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Good Test Match.

Tim Paine continued his woeful form as Captain today with two unsuccessful calls with DRS. He played an atrocious shot to get himself Out and put Australia under more Pressure later on in the day.

Great knock by Ben Stokes but I think that England were late in Declaring the innings. 30 or 40 more minutes earlier could have been better.

I am not sure about that Joe Root catch. 3rd Umpire saw something which my eye could not fathom or what ?

The new kid, Marnus Labuschagne and Head played a fine knock in saving Australia.
No, your eyes weren’t deceiving you, the ball did not carry.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:01 AM

Third Unpire has made a mistake. I just checked that who was the Third Umpire ? It was West Indian - Joel Wilson. Same guy who made horrendrous decisions in the First test Match. He is not a capable professional. ICC should place good Umpires, not some inefficient persons just for the sake of Neutral.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:

Third Unpire has made a mistake. I just checked that who was the Third Umpire ? It was West Indian - Joel Wilson. Same guy who made horrendrous decisions in the First test Match. He is not a capable professional. ICC should place good Umpires, not some inefficient persons just for the sake of Neutral.
Agreed. Even in real time it didn't look out, but with the benefit of replays it was very obvious. Even to Root.....

Old 08-20-2019, 06:09 PM

Is he okay ?

Old 08-22-2019, 04:39 AM

Someone else has to stand up now. Will Warner now make some runs?

Old 08-23-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiehoff View Post
warner is an outstanding slipper,
qed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports