Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 11:09 AM

468 posts, read 355,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Omaha Beach out has to secretly have the Maximum Security camp dancing for joy. I'm still wondering what was up with that 16K sales tag in his first race. I can't get over that. And we never heard an explanation from his camp on why they were willing to sell him so cheap. He is one of my top picks.
A good article regarding that

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...erves-him-well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 11:28 AM

11,364 posts, read 9,277,086 times
Default Haikal Is Out

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...kentucky-derby

Old 05-03-2019, 07:46 PM

Default Number 1 Post Postion Will Be Vacant

This is big news and certainly great news for the War Of Will Camp.

Only 19 starters this year.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/05/201...tions-and-odds

This gives War Of Will a good chance for a cleaner break and should add to the early speed, That will be more competition for Master Security. Maybe changing my mind on him being my second choice,

Still sticking with By My Standards for the win and I'll hope he at least hits this board. I love the fact he's moving over to the number 4 post.

Probable exacta box with Tacitus, hoping he can keep finding a way to weave out of trouble. Big plus for his experience doing that!

Old 05-04-2019, 04:40 AM

Default Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

Game Winner - Why is Baffert still tinkering with him now? Plus, he seems that he has an attitude problem which I do not like.
Pretty sure no Derby horse has ever won without winning a major prep race since the point system was put in place...
That should be Improbable, not Game Winner.

Sorry about that.

Big mistake on my part.

Game Winner can be a player here.

Tough field and with sloppy conditions!

Old 05-04-2019, 09:00 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,379 times
Went with Game Winner. I feel like Baffert was prepping him a bit and he’s going to launch in this one. The other other Baffert horse Improbable on the top too on most of mine. Baffert has prepped him like he did with Pharoah and Justifiy (same races). I passed on Roadster. I’ll let him try to beat me

Vekoma and Max Security tempting and they had great times but that aren’t hanging with the big dogs here

Tacitus scares me but the Wood prep rarely pulls derby winners. I put him underneath though.

I used War, Tax, BMS (you convinced me), Cutting Humor and Spinoffs as my underneath plays. I don’t think anyone of them can win but maybe they get a 3rd or 4th.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:24 AM

14,459 posts, read 20,634,616 times
Tri box: 8-16-17
Exacta: 17-13
Super: 17-1-10-5

$8 for a couple hours of entertainment. Go Roadster.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:39 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,876 times
I'm going for the Grayfecta, all ways.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Sticking with my top pick - By My Standards. Hope he at least gets a check...

He has an excellent to win it all but it's apparent I am in the minority with that opinion. Small jump forward and getting the distance is all it will take. Not much to ask, is it?

A lot of talent in this field...

Heading to Laurel Park in about 3 hours where I will bet and watch. I live about 20 minutes south...

Good luck to all!

Old 05-04-2019, 01:32 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,650,939 times
Good luck to all you guys, I hope you win some $$$! Maximum Security is taking all the early money, he had some kind of workout this morning (why?). If he runs out of gas, you'll know the reason.

I can't bet this Derby, too confusing.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Good luck to all you guys, I hope you win some $$$! Maximum Security is taking all the early money, he had some kind of workout this morning (why?). If he runs out of gas, you'll know the reason.

I can't bet this Derby, too confusing.
Thanks!

Tough to say why he is taking so much money.

The string of the favorites winning this the last 6 years in a row ends today.

No way did Maximum Security get a workout today. What he likely got was some exercise, or out for a gallop.
Very interesting on what you reported.

There will be more speed in this race then some think. Closing the one hole is going to make a big difference in the pace. I think with the extra room on the rail War Of Will leads at the half mile mark. Possible he could take that lead a long way. We'll see how far. Maximum Security never had company on the lead before. He's getting it today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports