Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 09:22 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,818,378 times

Advertisements

Does anyone plan on watching the XFL? I've looked into this a little bit and I'm actually pretty interested to see how this plays out. The season starts on Saturday 2/8 and ends Sunday 4/26. If anything it'll be nice to have something to simply fill the gap until the weather gets nicer lol.

The XFL 2020 schedule, a 79-day sprint from kickoff to the championship game, starts on Saturday, Feb. 8 when the DC Defenders host the Seattle Dragons at 2 p.m. ET (ABC). The debut is followed by the Los Angeles Wildcats at the Houston Roughnecks at 5 p.m. ET (FOX).
The opening weekend of the 10-week regular season continues on Sunday, Feb. 9, when the New York Guardians host the Tampa Bay Vipers at 2 p.m. ET (FOX) and concludes later that day when the St. Louis BattleHawks travel to face the Dallas Renegades at 5 p.m. ET (ESPN).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 09:38 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
Too bad "HE HATE ME" isn't playing. He was the single greatest thing about the XFL.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:31 PM

12,164 posts, read 8,014,676 times
Going to the New York vs St. Louis game in March. Until NE gets a team, im all on St. Louis.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:52 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Does anyone plan on watching the XFL? I've looked into this a little bit and I'm actually pretty interested to see how this plays out. The season starts on Saturday 2/8 and ends Sunday 4/26. If anything it'll be nice to have something to simply fill the gap until the weather gets nicer lol.

The XFL 2020 schedule, a 79-day sprint from kickoff to the championship game, starts on Saturday, Feb. 8 when the DC Defenders host the Seattle Dragons at 2 p.m. ET (ABC). The debut is followed by the Los Angeles Wildcats at the Houston Roughnecks at 5 p.m. ET (FOX).
The opening weekend of the 10-week regular season continues on Sunday, Feb. 9, when the New York Guardians host the Tampa Bay Vipers at 2 p.m. ET (FOX) and concludes later that day when the St. Louis BattleHawks travel to face the Dallas Renegades at 5 p.m. ET (ESPN).
They should have started their season at the same time as the NFL Pro Bowl. They could then actually brag that they had a better product on the field and more viewers.

Won't be following them. This league will fall flat on it's face within 2 years.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:13 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Forgot about the XFL re-launch. Didn't know they kicked off soon. No one is talking about it. Harbinger of failure?

Edit: Vince landed a good media deal. The most obscure broadcaster is FS1. Many of the games are on FOX, ABC and ESPN. Good exposure for the league.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:40 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,818,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Edit: Vince landed a good media deal. The most obscure broadcaster is FS1. Many of the games are on FOX, ABC and ESPN. Good exposure for the league.
Yeah I was pretty surprised with the national exposure of this media deal. From what I can see looking at the tv schedule as long as you have some sort of basic cable or basic streaming service you can watch every single game this season with the exception being the week 6 matchup between St. Louis @ Tampa which is being shown on FS2. Every single other game is being shown on FOX, ABC, ESPN, and FS1.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:47 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
They should have started their season at the same time as the NFL Pro Bowl. They could then actually brag that they had a better product on the field and more viewers.

Won't be following them. This league will fall flat on it's face within 2 years.
From my understanding its already financed for 5 years. Seems like that is a good amount of time to see if there is interest in it.

We watched it. Seeing as we are near Tampa its cool having a local team.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:25 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
Yeah I was pretty surprised with the national exposure of this media deal. From what I can see looking at the tv schedule as long as you have some sort of basic cable or basic streaming service you can watch every single game this season with the exception being the week 6 matchup between St. Louis @ Tampa which is being shown on FS2. Every single other game is being shown on FOX, ABC, ESPN, and FS1.
I guess broadcasters are ready to go in on these spring football leagues as well. I was surprised by the deal the XFL has, too.

Old 02-10-2020, 09:09 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
I watched a couple games. Meh.

Cardale Jones looked good enough that I'm surprised he's not playing back up in the NFL. I kinda figured he was.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:57 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I watched a couple games. Meh.

Cardale Jones looked good enough that I'm surprised he's not playing back up in the NFL. I kinda figured he was.
Same here. Not quite sure why he isn't in the NFL anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports