Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 06:41 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

Many might be OK now, but if football season is cancelled, then you'll have a whole lot more unhappy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 12:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Many might be OK now, but if football season is cancelled, then you'll have a whole lot more unhappy people.
Yes, that's the most popular sport in the U.S. followed by baseball, basketball, and ice hockey. For us even more important because of our pact to help our health, we only allow ourselves to eat chips while watching football.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:50 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,055,358 times
If they don't keep politics and social issues out of sports, very few will be watching any of them.
We watch as an escape from the numerous problems plaguing society, not for another dose of....

Old 06-10-2020, 11:10 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
If they don't keep politics and social issues out of sports, very few will be watching any of them.
We watch as an escape from the numerous problems plaguing society, not for another dose of....
My feelings exactly. The over-politicizing by the Hollywood elites have affected their pocketbooks and I can see that going on in sports as well. I know as a fan, my attachment to professional sports has waned over the last few years.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
If we are supposed to put up with BLM Sunday or kneeling for the national anthem, I'll certainly consider other alternative entertainments. Sports is supposed to give relief from a crazy world.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:53 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Sports is supposed to give relief from a crazy world.

Politics and social justice infect EVERYTHING if good people fail to be diligent in keeping them at bay.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:48 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Every sport has gotten so political and I don’t think it is even worth watching. Sure I enjoy playing sports but if they want to kneel during the national anthem I won’t watch it anymore. It’s plain and simple.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:53 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
It's not the sports, it was the political crap attached to them.

If I turn on a football game, I wanna see the game. Not players protesting this or that.
Agree, politics have no place in any sport. Every sport has just gotten too political, period. Not just football.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:22 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,635,195 times
Quote:
If we are supposed to put up with BLM Sunday or kneeling for the national anthem, I'll certainly consider other alternative entertainments. Sports is supposed to give relief from a crazy world.
I found alternative entertainment.
A while back I was flipping through the channels one day trying to find something other than golf or cars going around in circles and I found a channel that shows animal videos.
It started off with a woman walking into her kitchen followed by a skinny gray cat. She put a bowl of milk on the floor and the cat started drinking.
Then a bigger cat came up and shoved the skinny cat away and started drinking his milk. The skinny cat was staring at him for a few seconds, then walked up, and with both paws, shoved the bigger cat's head into the bowl and ran away.
The big cat looked around with milk dripping off his face, and continued drinking. Now that was entertainment.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:34 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
My feelings exactly. The over-politicizing by the Hollywood elites have affected their pocketbooks and I can see that going on in sports as well. I know as a fan, my attachment to professional sports has waned over the last few years.
Agreed, and now we are hearing many NBA players don’t want to participate because of the 7 week isolation at the Disney complex.

Somebody should tell them there are worse things in life. It’s really hard to support these clowns anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports