Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:17 PM

660 posts, read 658,756 times

Advertisements

I never watch First Take. But holy ****, Skip Bayless is biased. He will try anything to prove Brady is having a better season than Cam from all of Brady's interceptions were not his fault which only 1 of them wasn't his fault and his constant bashing of Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, and how Patriots players who go to another team for more money should be ashamed of themselves for leaving Oh, and his constant praising of Tim Tebow, RGIII, and Johnny Football.

His counterpart, Stephen A Smith isn't biased, but just clueless. He hates Chip Kelly and indirectly calls him racist. While you can agree Chip's moves are questionable, he still signed black players.

Does anyone else think that these two are clueless and biased?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 01:47 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,562,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlippedBit View Post
Does anyone else think that these two are clueless and biased?
Flipped,
yeah I think Worst Take is a terrible forum. I don't begrudge Bayless or Smith for their opinions (they're subjective), but I hate their moronic Siskel & Ebert routine, and their practice of inviting-on barely intelligible rappers to offer sports commentary (& plug their CDs).
I watch Worst Take occasionally, & I'm always reminded why I stopped watching it before.. this time I quit on 'em (again), after Bayless delivered a long, sanctimonious rant against Pete Rose..

Also notice that ESPN is unfortunately immersed in social commentary now (discussing domestic abuse, memorializing Nelson Mandela when he died, etc).. which could be noble, except I think a large part of why ppl (myself included) watch sports is temporary escape from heavy/political issues.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:28 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Skip is a stooge. As an Ohio State fan, he's barely above Mark May.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:38 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Stephen A. Smith gets under my skin 24/7. He is the biggest idiot by far. No matter the topic, no matter the issue at hand, it ALWAYS turns into a "racism" conversation or debate. The only good thing he's ever done, is get suspended from ESPN for the short time that he was.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:15 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Stephen A. Smith gets under my skin 24/7. He is the biggest idiot by far. No matter the topic, no matter the issue at hand, it ALWAYS turns into a "racism" conversation or debate. The only good thing he's ever done, is get suspended from ESPN for the short time that he was.
And every basketball player is his "boy".

Old 01-01-2016, 09:32 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,562,051 times
Quote:
Stephen A. Smith.. No matter the topic, no matter the issue at hand, it ALWAYS turns into a "racism" conversation...
Greg,
yeah.. both Smith & Bayless seem to continuously (& narcissistically) pat themselves on the back for their courageous exposure of (alleged) racism in pro sports. The way they present it, you'd think all major sports were run by closeted Nazis.

My question, what are our options for alternate, televised sports talk (?) I've grown to really resent ESPN's cultural-Marxist commentary and idiotic anchors, but not finding anything significantly different. I have FOX sports, which seems more focused on sports, but they mimic ESPN's paradigm of goofy, snarky sports anchors when showing highlights, etc..

Someone have suggestions.. thanks

Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Greg,
yeah.. both Smith & Bayless seem to continuously (& narcissistically) pat themselves on the back for their courageous exposure of (alleged) racism in pro sports. The way they present it, you'd think all major sports were run by closeted Nazis.

My question, what are our options for alternate, televised sports talk (?) I've grown to really resent ESPN's cultural-Marxist commentary and idiotic anchors, but not finding anything significantly different. I have FOX sports, which seems more focused on sports, but they mimic ESPN's paradigm of goofy, snarky sports anchors when showing highlights, etc..

This isn't an answer to your question, but I gave up on all sports shows about 3 years ago (mainly for the reasons you mentioned) and haven't missed them one bit.

When I thought about the very nature of them I kind of became depressed. I would waste hours listening to grown men subjectively discuss, and most of the time argue, about other grown men playing a game for millions of dollars.

All I do now is watch the games with next to zero emotional attachment and it actually makes them more enjoyable.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:24 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Greg,

I agree with you 100%. Almost all sports channels that I watch are basically the same. The only thing on ESPN that I watch (besides games obviously) is PTI and Around the Horn. I try to avoid all else. I watch SportCenter sometimes

Old 01-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. Almost all sports channels that I watch are basically the same. The only thing on ESPN that I watch (besides games obviously) is PTI and Around the Horn. I try to avoid all else. I watch SportCenter sometimes
Sometimes if I am bored and not doing anything that day I will watch FT and laugh at their opinions. My co-workers do a better job than these clowns do every weekday. What is funny about Skip is that while he bashes Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers, I heard him praise and defend his 1.4 ppg when he played basketball.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Wow, from what I read, Stephen A is a bigger idiot. Something about calling the Cowboys racist for not firing Jason Garrett? Or Hue Jackson being a leading candidate for HC? I agree that Hue should be a candidate, but everyone knows he said he should be the leading for his race. And he hates Chip Kelly so much, he wants the Eagles to hire an investigator to see what was going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports