Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 07:47 AM

1,954 posts, read 916,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
You mean like those "lifelong" Buccaneers fans- and by lifetime, I mean since July 2020, or those long suffering (since 2018) Laker fans? I just laugh at them. I figure my cat knows more about sports than those types of fans.
Yep, and the ones who say they "love Tom Brady." Well, I highly doubt they "loved Tom Brady" when he played on the Patriots and beat their team's ***** every four years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 04:21 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,626,244 times
Do front runner fans annoy you?

Nope, Not really...everyone is entitled to and opinion and or a like !!! It is What it is

Old 03-18-2021, 04:22 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,626,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Yep, and the ones who say they "love Tom Brady." Well, I highly doubt they "loved Tom Brady" when he played on the Patriots and beat their team's ***** every four years.

Wrong, totally . . . Bucs and Patriots were not Teams in a Yearly scuffle !!!

Old 03-20-2021, 03:19 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,512,431 times
Spectator sports are only a passing interest to most people. The die-hard, checking stats & news daily, obsessing over trade rumors etc is fine for some people, but you can't expect that from the average person to qualify them as a "true fan". Watching sports is a passive activity after all....most people are going to have hobbies where they actually have a hand in the result of what happens.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:43 PM

2,307 posts, read 3,821,158 times
As a fan of all sports Cleveland it absolutely killed me to watch all of the Golden State "lifelong fans" come out of the woodwork. I forget which comedian did the bit but once during one of their championship runs, someone went around to random Warrior "fans" and asked them to name former GS players based on pictures and it was sad watching them not be able to name guys like Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullins, Tim Hardaway. It's not like they were asked about random players. These are three names that even non Warrior fans would be familiar with.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:03 AM

4,334 posts, read 4,280,852 times
I understand that some people are true diehard fans and serious about 'their team'.

I also understand that for some folks the 'big games' are just entertainment.

I have no problem with that.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:56 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,512,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
As a fan of all sports Cleveland it absolutely killed me to watch all of the Golden State "lifelong fans" come out of the woodwork. I forget which comedian did the bit but once during one of their championship runs, someone went around to random Warrior "fans" and asked them to name former GS players based on pictures and it was sad watching them not be able to name guys like Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullins, Tim Hardaway. It's not like they were asked about random players. These are three names that even non Warrior fans would be familiar with.
Gimme a break. The only time I saw Cavs gear here in the southern half of Ohio was when Lebron was with the team and only right after they won the championship. Now that they suck again, not a logo on a shirt to be seen again outside of Cleveland

Old 04-09-2021, 08:11 AM

7,569 posts, read 6,023,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedtheCat View Post
You mean like those "lifelong" Buccaneers fans- and by lifetime, I mean since July 2020, or those long suffering (since 2018) Laker fans? I just laugh at them. I figure my cat knows more about sports than those types of fans.
Many Cats do

The Problem here in the Tampa area is not so much "front runner fans" but rather "front runner media" It is impossible to turn on the news or radio when the Bucs or Rays are doing well, because that is the centerpiece of every story
Example "Someone tried to jump the fence at the white house today and was arrested..."
"Now Tom, how will that impact the Sunday game vs the Redskins?"
"Well Bill, the Buccaneers will have extra ushers to make sure no one jumps onto the field during the game"

I literally heard the local news NBC or Fox as the number 2 segment in November, after the big crime story, say "The Buccaneers practiced indoors today because of the rain"
Seriously? That is newsworthy?

We have a horrible media here and if the Rays Lightning or Bucs are not winning, then some may forget that we even have a team here. But as soon as they start winning, well, we might be glad we have CNN or Satellite radio to be in touch with the outside world.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:27 PM

5,264 posts, read 5,185,417 times
I could care less...I am not a fan of watching bad basketball or football or baseball so if my local teams aren't very good, I will not waste my time watching them...when they become good, then I will watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports