Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2022, 08:36 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,409,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
I think if ESPN televises matches on ESPN/ESPN2, they don't stream them on ESPN+.

Matches that are NOT shown on ESPN/ESPN2 (or in certain TV windows the Tennis Channel) will be televised on ESPN+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf coast jon View Post
I watch a lot of tennis, but always "tape-delayed" from cable TV, so I can skip commercials and replay great points.

Tennis TV coverage is complicated. Who owns the rights to an event and what will they do with it. ESPN bought all the rights to the US Open.

From https://thestreamable.com/channels/espn3 it appears that a combination of ESPN+ and ESPN3 will give you live coverage of all the US open matches. ESPN+ may have delayed coverage of all the matches it doesn't cover live.

Here's more info on espn3:

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/channels/espn3/
Thanks, I'm assuming ESPN+ will have all matches on demand once they are finished. Because I was able to watch any Wimbledon match without an issue. But then again, since matches weren't in my time zone, I wasn't able to watch them live. But US Open will be in my time zone, so it is a must that I watch live. So I'll subscribe to Sling. I get half off first month, so I can get one month for only $17.50.

On the plus side, I was able to get tickets for the Day QF matches on Sept. 6th, so looking forward to another amazing day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
Djokovic is out. In my view that makes this tournament this year at least a joke. had the US Open banned Tiger in his prime from playing because he didn't get jabbed it would have been a weaker tournament in my view. this is weak
Maybe he should just get vaccinated. It’s not hard to do!

Also, Medvedev is the now new world #1. So no more obsession over Djokovic please. His prime has ended.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:59 PM

813 posts, read 402,733 times
Quote:
Djokovic is out. In my view that makes this tournament this year at least a joke. had the US Open banned Tiger in his prime from playing because he didn't get jabbed it would have been a weaker tournament in my view. this is weak
Good! Novak is arrogant. All of the unvaccinated who are not US residents have been denied entry. You want a special visa for one guy? What's so special about this POS?

Old 08-26-2022, 04:44 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
But Djokovic is about 5 years past his prime, plus he's only won the US Open 3 times.
Nadal and Medvedev are the top dogs on hardcourt these days.
And Medvedev beat Djokovic 64 64 64 in last year's US Open Final.
Nadal has won more US Opens than Djokovic, despite Nadal not playing in 2012, 2014, 2020 and 2021.
Nadal-Medvedev and Nadal-Alcaraz have become more important match-ups than Nadal-Djokovic, because its a tug-of-war between the old and the new.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:34 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Djokovic is a pig headed dummy for not getting vaccinated. That said, I believe he should be allowed to play in the Open, regardless.

His absence will hurt the event, for sure.

Old 08-26-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
he just won 3 out of 4 majors in one season. if he's "past his prime" then dang he's still pretty good for a bum "past his prime". what nonense.
also, seems everyone who has got vaccinated these days is still getting the 'vid. its absurd to make anyone get the vaccine at this point and everyone here knows it.
plus, john mcenroe agrees with me, among others. US Open this years is a junk event since it's missing this era's Tiger Woods of tennis, in my view.
He went from #1 to #6 ranking. Having said that, he still plays pretty damn good for someone who is 35 years old. But then again, Nadal is playing even better and he's 36. I really thought Nadal had a good shot at winning a calendar year grand slam this year, but his body is starting to give up on him and he had to drop out of Wimby.

And also, it was Novak's choice not to get vaccinated. It's not like all the other players are unvaccinated and they got special treatment to come to the US play at the US Open. He made his choice, so why should he get pitied?

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 08-26-2022 at 11:51 AM..

Old 08-26-2022, 02:40 PM

Quote:
in my view Novak is now the obvious greatest player of all time. unlike the one-trick pony Nadal who won the vast majority of his majors on one surface, Novak won more on different surfaces. and now the powers that be are tarnishing his glorious resume just to grind their axe.
he is the GOAT at this point to me. keep him out of the majors if you insist on grinding your axe, it just will prove he won even more in less major chances than others.
It's not the US Open that banned him. It's a requirement by law to enter the US. The US Open has no control over that. Djokovic can play if he really wants to if he just gets vaccinated. So again I say, I have no pity on him. He made his choice, so I'm not going to dwell on it. You, of course, are free to continue to dwell and sulk about it while I go ahead and enjoy watching the US Open.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:08 PM

3,801 posts, read 2,996,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Djokovic is a pig headed dummy for not getting vaccinated. That said, I believe he should be allowed to play in the Open, regardless.

His absence will hurt the event, for sure.
I’m a Djokovic fan, but tend to agree on this.
It’s ridiculous not to get the vaccination, and a poor choice.
In any event, Medvedev is still the betting favourite:

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting...n-2022-6079393

He’s certainly not a convincing favourite though, and the event is still very open.
The Women’s draw is wide open as usual too.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:53 PM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
in my view Novak is now the obvious greatest player of all time. unlike the one-trick pony Nadal who won the vast majority of his majors on one surface, Novak won more on different surfaces. and now the powers that be are tarnishing his glorious resume just to grind their axe.
he is the GOAT at this point to me. keep him out of the majors if you insist on grinding your axe, it just will prove he won even more in less major chances than others.
Nobody in their right mind would call Nadal a "one trick pony".
It is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard.
How many players have won all 4 slams TWICE each?
Even if you take Nadal's 14 French Opens away, he's still won the same number of slams as Agassi (8), except Agassi has only won the French Open ONCE.
Is Agassi a "one trick pony" too?

Maybe you should focus on why Djokovic hasn't won as many US Open as Nadal....
Or why Nadal swept the North American Summer in 2013 (winning Canada Masters, Cincinnati Masters, US Open), while Djokovic has never done that.
Djokovic's best surface is hardcourt.... and yet he's still won less US Opens than Nadal, and has lost twice to Nadal in the US Open Final.
If you want to be the GOAT, then you really should be the best player of all-time on A SURFACE first, and Djokovic is not the clear-cut best of all-time on hardcourt.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:28 AM

6,632 posts, read 4,300,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafellow View Post
Good! Novak is arrogant. All of the unvaccinated who are not US residents have been denied entry. You want a special visa for one guy? What's so special about this POS?
This is a joke. Most of the young people in the U.S. are not vaccinated. Hardly anybody wears a mask. Universities and schools are operating normally. No one here seems to care anymore.

[/indent]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports