U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2022, 09:43 PM

9,522 posts, read 3,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
agreed. and not only that, they are claiming she is the greatest athlete, period (of male or female), ever. it's just ridiculous. there are many makes who I believe we're greater powers than she ever was.
I hope Nadal annihilates Serena's slam tally, get 26+ slams, he'll hit 23 if he wins this US Open, and looks like a great chance to get a couple of slams next year, especially since they did that treatment on his foot in June where they burned the nerve so he doesn't feel as much pain now. The 2024 Paris Olympics are at Roland Garros, so he'll stay very engaged until at least then.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 10:29 AM

They should have recorded a hundred voices for the automated lines people, because its getting boring hearing the same voice over and over.
Will Ferrell's voice would be very useful, also Jeff Goldblum, Natalie Portman, and you can get just about anyone to agree to do this, and its great for marketing, as people will watch the tennis just to guess which celebrity's voice is calling.
Automated calling is good because the players won't ask for a review, so there is a constant flow of tennis with no interruptions, and less arguments.

Old 09-01-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
Djokovic isn't done by a long shot either.
Yeah, although Djokovic's Wimbledon victory doesn't count in the Slam Race, because Wimbledon is not open to all nationalities and is therefore not an Open Era Slam.
But he's still the favorite to win the Australian Open, and they'll probably overturn his ban.

Old 09-01-2022, 12:12 PM

2,473 posts, read 783,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I missed it (thought it was tomorrow).

Just heard Serena won!, advancing to the third round.

Yeah, man! The crowd is crazy over Serena. It's loudest crowd I've ever heard in a tennis match!

Old 09-01-2022, 11:45 PM

28,131 posts, read 8,954,333 times
Rafa just won his second round match in four sets after a medical timeout re a freak accident in the fourth set(racquet bounced up and hit him in the nose). Both McEnroe brothers and Fowler said they'd never seen anything like it. Rafa said he was initially a bit dizzy, but feels fine now (after the match).

Old 09-02-2022, 09:39 PM

36,533 posts, read 56,060,401 times
Just watched Serena’s match against Ajla Tomljanovic—
Serena gave it a great run but she couldn’t pull it out.
Both very gracious—but the crowd was Serena’s all the way…

Old 09-02-2022, 09:44 PM

2,473 posts, read 783,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Just watched Serena’s match against Ajla Tomljanovic—
Serena gave it a great run but she couldn’t pull it out.
Both very gracious—but the crowd was Serena’s all the way…
The crowd was crazy. It’s like, opponent double faults and they’re like “YEEAAAHHHH!”

Old 09-02-2022, 09:45 PM

28,131 posts, read 8,954,333 times
Very entertaining match...Serena's likely last match (the door sounds 90% closed), and it was the longest match time wise that she ever played at the U.S. Open. She lost the first set 7-5, won the second set 7-6, and lost the third set 6-1, with some long games in the third set despite the game score. Serena's journey in this tournament stops in the third round.

Old 09-02-2022, 09:51 PM

36,533 posts, read 56,060,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Very entertaining match...Serena's likely last match (the door sounds 90% closed), and it was the longest match time wise that she ever played at the U.S. Open. She lost the first set 7-5, won the second set 7-6, and lost the third set 6-1, with some long games in the third set despite the game score. Serena's journey in this tournament stops in the third round.
I don’t really follow tennis but I appreciate greatness and Serena is just class—all the way
I think there were 6 or 7 match points in the last game—she just wouldn’t go down easily
I felt sorry for Ajla Tomljanovic—the crowd was her opponent as much as Serena—
She won and was sort of treated like a step sister—but was very gracious when allowed to speak
She had poise enough to just play her game so hope she has a good Open…

Old 09-02-2022, 10:19 PM

2,487 posts, read 938,563 times
Serena never gives her opponents any credit when they beat her, tonight she said Ajla played a little better than me, it's always about her. Serena was huffing and puffing on some points, she can't compete with the younger players at 40 yrs old. Serena's hard work paid off for her, amazing champion over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports