Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2022, 11:47 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,665 times

Advertisements

Anyone listen to sports over the internet and radio?
I've done it for years while driving. But am considering canceling my cable service all together. The problem is everything is more expensive than when I was a kid in the 80's and couple it with smart phones, etc. the costs are just more today for a family.

I plan to stream with YouTubeTV I'll still get sports but just not the local teams games on the Bally's channel as YTTV (and Hulu) do not offer it any longer (it was removed over a year ago). DirectTV streaming has the Bally's channels but its still 25$ more a month than YTTV or Hulu.

My son isn't thrilled about this decision. Any thoughts on how I can convince him to give it a try?
Anyone listen to their teams on the internet or radio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 07:22 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,665 times
Guess no one listens to sports on the radio or over the internet

Old 01-19-2022, 08:55 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
I seem to be able to watch/listen to most games using the Yahoo Sports app on my phone. Mostly, however, I listen in the car on the radio, local AM, or Sirius XM for other games, and on TV, cable. I can get most of the Seahawks games using an antenna, but the Mariners games require cable to get the channel carrying them.

Old 01-25-2022, 12:14 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
The only mainstream sports broadcast I care to follow these days is Cubs baseball. I'd sort of written them off when they ended their relationship with WGN because I can't stream the TV broadcasts without paying more than I care to for a bunch of other content that I don't watch, and hadn't been able to find the radio broadcasts.

Toward the end of last season I discovered the radio feed on Audacy and listened to several games. Pat Hughes is amazing. I'll probably listen on a fairly regular basis next season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports