Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 08:51 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Of all the let downs by the Vikings, and they're too many to note, THIS one was the worst. It has to rank as the biggest choke in pro sports history. Even more so than Bill Buckner allowing that slow ground ball to trickle between his legs for the Red Sox.

Oh, incidentally, the laces WERE out.
As a Red Sox fan I feel your pain, and thanks for the rep. That Vikings team was ripping through the league, that was your best shot. I finally got my rings while you are still waiting. Which is why I always root for teams like the Vikes and Browns as I always consider it from the fan's perspective.

It's why I was rooting for Toronto in the NHL playoffs. Their fans have been loyal die hards for generations, they have not been rewarded and deserve a cup more than fans in Vegas who have not paid such a price. Many there go because "it'll be fun", they just discovered hockey while Toronto fans have been much more invested for far longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports