Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 08:31 AM

14,494 posts, read 20,688,679 times

Advertisements

The tours are merging and within the entity will also be the DPWT and other tours around the world.

The matter of human rights issues and accepting money from the PIF seems to be gone. A few billion will be headed to the PGA Tour for multiple uses. How does the PGA explain why the PIF's money is no longer a factor and labelled so called "blood" money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 10:22 AM

55 posts, read 42,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
The tours are merging and within the entity will also be the DPWT and other tours around the world.

The matter of human rights issues and accepting money from the PIF seems to be gone. A few billion will be headed to the PGA Tour for multiple uses. How does the PGA explain why the PIF's money is no longer a factor and labelled so called "blood" money?
Agree. Brandel Chamblee is probably in meltdown mode right now.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:34 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,952,814 times
So does this mean all the golfers and sponsors and fans who were boycotting LIV are going to boycott professional golf altogether now?? What a sham.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:46 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,092,611 times
What a sellout. No pun intended. I hope the advertisers and tournament promoters step up and do the right thing. Cancel ANY tournament which involves money flow which comes from our enemies.

The souls of HUNDREDS of my friends, colleagues and competitors lay at the base of the World Trade Centers, brought down by Saudi Blood Money. That does not include the American Journalists which have been killed by the Saudis.

Nope. I don't do business with our enemies, regardless of how much oil and American Corporate influence they have.

Hope the PGA and LIV rot in hell.

Old 06-06-2023, 03:19 PM

16,289 posts, read 10,438,365 times
They sold out the
members who turned down millions of millions of dollars and stayed loyal to the PGA tour.

Old 06-06-2023, 03:35 PM

14,494 posts, read 20,688,679 times
For many, many months the one player I thought should take the LIV offer (article today suggested it was $75M) was R. Fowler. Due to his performance year after year and having played near 14 years of his career without a major. I felt his friend Phil could have gotten him some sort of contract if he wasn't offered one. One glaring stat is Fowler has won only 5 PGA events since 2008.

The other day the R&A said the Open would never again be played at Turnberry (because the course was now owned by D. Trump). They didn't mention Trump but Trump did voice his hope that his course would get the Open in the rotation with other courses.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:10 PM

55 posts, read 42,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
What a sellout. No pun intended. I hope the advertisers and tournament promoters step up and do the right thing. Cancel ANY tournament which involves money flow which comes from our enemies.

The souls of HUNDREDS of my friends, colleagues and competitors lay at the base of the World Trade Centers, brought down by Saudi Blood Money. That does not include the American Journalists which have been killed by the Saudis.

Nope. I don't do business with our enemies, regardless of how much oil and American Corporate influence they have.

Hope the PGA and LIV rot in hell.
The PGAT, America and pro golf in general do business with all kinds of companies that have human rights violations.

Old 06-07-2023, 04:42 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,672,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
They sold out the
members who turned down millions of millions of dollars and stayed loyal to the PGA tour.
No doubt. I wonder if Tiger and the other big names who’ve been burned by this will join together for some form of boycott or even call for another circuit to be formed.

Old 06-07-2023, 05:43 AM

16,289 posts, read 10,438,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
No doubt. I wonder if Tiger and the other big names who’ve been burned by this will join together for some form of boycott or even call for another circuit to be formed.
The players determine who is commissioner I believe. Unless he is prepared to cut big fat checks to every player who was loyal to the PGA I don't see him surviving this.

Old 06-07-2023, 06:49 AM

1,397 posts, read 678,443 times
LIV was a sand trap from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports