Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2023, 07:29 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,016,015 times

Advertisements

DO Any of you good people have sports bucket list?

Long ago, I thought it would be fun to travel to all the MLB parks but after a few decided otherwise.
Having been to the Baseball and Basketball Hall of Fames , I finally got to visit the pro football hall of fame in Canton which I recommend to any fans.

SO IF I had to list things left that I have yet to do it would be the follwoing

1 Attend the INDY 500. I visited the track like decades ago, I think it was 1993. I was traveling by car with this batsh*t crazy chick to visit her loony family in Wisconsin, and when we passed through Indianapolis I insisted that we take a quick detour just to go by the racetrack. It was surreal, because we found this open gate, I walked right into it and found myself standing on the track This was in June and nothing was happening. To make things better, the Loony stayed in the car while I had a look at the track. But I would Love to just be there for the race. Anywhere, even the cheap seats but preferably the sane ones

2 Attend a Packers game in Lambeau Field, preferably late season in Football weather. I realize that with Global warming, that may be difficult, but once the NFL expands the season by 4 more games into February then it may happen
Still, Packer fans are great, I visited the Packer Hall of Fame and saw the field on the same trip with the above mentioned person. She could not understand why I wanted to attend a game in December in Green Bay. I suggested that she might try to test the mind over body idea of walking across Lake Michigan with a 30 Pound weight strapped to her waist.

3 Attend a Raiders Home game, dressed like on of those raider fans. We had fun doing that decades ago in Dallas at the old Texas stadium and scarring all the Cowboy fans on the bus ride home, but it was a preseason game and the Raiders were a visiting team. Not the same

4 GO to the Calgary Stampede. I love Rodeo, and loved going to the one in Wyoming years ago. I think the stampede for a day or two would be a dream come true.

5 And as above, go to a CFL game. Canada is a great place to be in the summer, I miss visiting there, and watching a CFL game live would be fun.

6 Pirates home game at PNC park. I keep reading reviews about how the Pirates still have the best overall stadium in MLB. Of course here, locally, we have the WORST Stadium in the MLB and I never go anymore. Although I do go to spring training sometimes to see the Pirates in Bradenton I would love to make a trip to Pittsburgh. Added points if I could see the Steelers at home too.

And really, well, that is about it Because, I have done a lot already Went to several MLB, NFL stadiums, some no longer around, also some older Minor league parks, Even a few NBA games and really, bucket list wise, that is about all that I really want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2023, 09:03 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,664,648 times
As a lifelong Chiefs fan who even lived in KC for a fairly long while, I’ve never been to Arrowhead.
Countless Royals games, but never Chiefs.
That would be a big one.

Attending a baseball game in Japan sounds interesting and a little exotic.

Yeah, the Indy 500 is up there. Never been into racing that much, but it seems like the one to go to.
I live very close to Road America but have been too lazy and too cheap to bother with it but perhaps some day.

Lambeau is up the road too but it doesn’t really interest me.
We drive by it once in a while.
I think the cooler thing to me is going by the old high school where the Packers used to play. Of course the excess stands are gone but otherwise I guess it’s intact.

I have this pipe dream thing of seeing a game in every MLB park, but I doubt that I will nor am I overly motivated.

Old 07-17-2023, 08:29 AM

14,806 posts, read 11,874,969 times
1. FA Cup final - with my team in it (managed to do this one)
2. Champions League final - with my team in it (Covid put pay to that)
3. Grand National (backing the winner!)
4. Cricket at Lords (not really a fan but Lords is the home of cricket)
5. England game (rugby) at Twickenham
6. World Cup final (in a nice location though) - with my country in it - if it ever bloody gets there!
DONE an England International at Wembley
Not so interested in Wimbledon
Thought about the British Grand Prix but that Hamilton farce put me right off!

Oh and the Open golf championship, the oldest golf tournament in the world and one of the oldest of all sports tournaments means it would be pretty special.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:37 PM

8,769 posts, read 10,168,898 times
When my dad lived in Cleveland, we tried going to the Pro hall of fame but we would find out it wasn't open to the public before making the trek down to Canton. Also the Rock n Roll HoF was always hosting private parties but that's another discussion.

I'd like to see the Hockey and Basketball hall of fame.

Once upon a time I wanted to see College football games at places like Georgia, Ohio State, Penn State, etc but I just don't care anymore.

Since the OP brought it up, dressing up as a Raiders fan sounds kind of fun, but man I'd rather do that in Oakland. Vegas just doesn't have the Raider appeal I guess.

I'd love to touch the Stanley Cup. If my Hurricanes ever win the thing again I'll make a better effort to do so.

I kind of want to attend a Super Bowl. The commercials suck nowadays so why not.

There's a few NHL venues I'd like to see but they're not the Montreal/Toronto you might think.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:03 AM

3,675 posts, read 2,211,534 times
I grew up in NJ but never been to a football Giants game. Now that I live in PA, it would take a bit of planning with traveling, hotels and such. Still want to go to a game before I kick the bucket. If the Giants ever make the Super Bowl again, I would like to be there where ever it is located. Since I am in the Pocono area, would like to go to a race at the Pocono Raceway. There is a race this weekend but can't make it. Better yet, every year there's a fundraiser at Pocono Raceway where you can drive a car a few laps around the track. I would rent a Vette or Mustang and take a spin. That is doable for a bucket list for me. Been to a few Knicks games but I want to go to a playoff game. Preferably a NBA finals game at MSG.

Old 07-28-2023, 02:24 PM

2,175 posts, read 1,797,988 times
1) Wimbledon, especially a men's singles final
2) Michigan/Ohio State football game - either location
3) Olympics Opening Ceremonies
4) World Cup knockout match

Others are impossible to control - like a Game 7 World Series game involving my favorite team, etc.

I have been to a game at PNC Park, btw, and it's a great ballpark. Also have been to Fenway a couple of times. And I've been to Wrigley many times - not sure there is any other ballpark that I have to see, though I'd enjoy any of them.

Crossed off going to an EPL football match this year. Pretty cool experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports