Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-10-2023, 02:40 AM
 
Location: NSW
3,805 posts, read 3,002,351 times
Reputation: 1376

Advertisements

Canada Open full of upsets in the first couple of days.
Dan Evans going out in the 1st round, after winning Washington DC.
Will be interesting to see who wins this Masters event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2023, 01:19 PM
 
507 posts, read 345,638 times
Reputation: 954
Pegula just beat Swiatek to move on to the Final in Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2023, 01:28 PM
 
507 posts, read 345,638 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Canada Open full of upsets in the first couple of days.
Dan Evans going out in the 1st round, after winning Washington DC.
Will be interesting to see who wins this Masters event.
Fokina took out Ruud (watched that one, great match!) Tommy Paul took out Alcaraz (I missed it!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2023, 01:59 PM
 
507 posts, read 345,638 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post
Fokina took out Ruud (watched that one, great match!) Tommy Paul took out Alcaraz (I missed it!)
Aaaaand there goes that streak for Fokina. I'm sure I jinxed Pegula too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2023, 05:45 PM
 
3,495 posts, read 1,753,008 times
Reputation: 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post
Aaaaand there goes that streak for Fokina. I'm sure I jinxed Pegula too.
So glad Pegula won so easily, but it wasn't fair for Samsanova to play two matches on the same day. They are saying Rabakyna is complaining about the schedule after she lost to Samsanova.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2023, 03:57 PM
 
33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Reputation: 14946

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7ma0UEIArs

The lady is a B.

IMO, the best part is when....after Tsitsipas goes over to that section....the guy in the black shirt sitting behind the buzzing sound lady points down at the top of her head and the lady can't see him/the black shirt guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2023, 06:39 PM
 
507 posts, read 345,638 times
Reputation: 954
Not the outcome I wanted but that was a very entertaining mens final in Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2023, 11:13 AM
 
3,495 posts, read 1,753,008 times
Reputation: 5512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsitsipas View Post
Not the outcome I wanted but that was a very entertaining mens final in Cincinnati.
What a match! One of the best men's matches I've watched, so glad Novak won, not only is he a great player, but I like how he respects his body with good food, exercise, and by refusing to take the covid vaccine even though his ban probably cost him some tournament wins. Additionally I like his videos, young people can learn a lot when he explains how the road to his success occurred and he even reveals all the people who helped him get there, and there are many.

Alcaraz is another Novak, both are above the stratosphere talented athletes, Alcaraz will win many tournaments throughout his career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2023, 01:02 PM
 
33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Reputation: 14946
Tsitsipas (US Open has him seeded 7th) is having some trouble in the second round with the qualifier Dominic Stricker from Switzerland...2 sets all.

I don't know if I've ever seen a match where the first four sets had 51 of a maximum 52 games....a 7-5 and then three straight tie beak sets.

Stricker won the first set, Tsitsipas the second and third sets, and Stricker the fourth set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2023, 02:58 PM
 
33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Reputation: 14946
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Tsitsipas (US Open has him seeded 7th) is having some trouble in the second round with the qualifier Dominic Stricker from Switzerland...2 sets all.

I don't know if I've ever seen a match where the first four sets had 51 of a maximum 52 games....a 7-5 and then three straight tie beak sets.

Stricker won the first set, Tsitsipas the second and third sets, and Stricker the fourth set.

Wow.


Stricker won, and he'll meet Bonzi...another unseeded player who also beat a seeded player (Eubanks at #28) in the third round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top