Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:02 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times

Advertisements

Bruce Seldon was known for quitting in fights, doing a horrible job of faking in order to appear hurt on the way to being knocked out. He had no problem athletically and dramatically hitting the canvas, alsmost seemingly deriving pleasure doing this. He fought Riddick Bowe and was knocked out in the 1st round from punches that barely grazed him, falling as if he had been shot. He did it again when fighting Mike Tyson, falling from a Tyson miss and slamming himself to the ground as if he had been pulverized by Tyson's full force. The man was a total joke and he looked like a clown. Big, puffed-up and muscular, energetic and athletic-seeming, but a complete wuss.

Here we have Tyson Gay. He didn't prepare himself properly for the Olympics, probably nursing a sore hamstring. So sure that he was going to get annihilated by either Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell, or both, he wimped out. It is no coincidence that he failed to make the 100m final, conveniently NOT making the cut by letting up just enough in his prelim race to be eliminated. Shameful! Then in the 4x100m prelim, to keep from facing Bolt and Powell, he did not grab the baton even though sprinter Darvis Patton tried desperately to put that baton in the palm of his hand. Gay never grabbed the baton. What a shameful display. He thus eliminated himself and the American team from competing against Bolt and Powell. The man is a disgrace not only to this country, but to himself and his race. Can't imagine a Chinese athlete wimping out in such a fashion. What a wuss.

Tyson Gay, the Bruce Seldon of Track & Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,909 times
I think you're a disgrace to your country judging by that statement.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 AM

318 posts, read 934,404 times
What a BS post Alexus, A disgrace are you serious Tyson gay was injured in the US Olympic trials in July so he went to the Olympics injured and not at his best not 100% he had a month to recover from an injury its not gonna happen get a grip and he has already beat Asafa Powell in 2007 in Osaka and took the Gold. As for the relay did you actually watch it? Patton was mostly to blame he couldn't get the baton in Tyson's hand and when he did Patton immediately let go also another 3 teams were DSQ from the same race and another 2 teams from the second relay heat so were all these teams fearful of Bolt and Powell?

You say you couldn't imagine a Chinese athlete wimping out but Liu Xiang pulled out of the 110m hurdles because of an injury just like Gay and to the disappointment of 1.3billion Chinese does that mean he was scared of getting annihilated by the favourite the Cuban record holder who took Gold?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 AM

734 posts, read 2,618,066 times
Okay.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Dang! Have you ever had a pulled hamstring my dear???? The day you have one of those suckers pop on you and manage to get yourself to and from work without being a wah-wah, we can talk. Tyson Gay shouldn't have been at the games. Hamstrings take months, not weeks to fully heal and he ran the risk of injuring something else while favoring his bum hammy.

So may things I want to spew, but won't.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:19 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,750,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

That's why you got that gold star, gurl -- iron self-control.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
That's why you got that gold star, gurl -- iron self-control.
It's hard.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Dang! Have you ever had a pulled hamstring my dear???? The day you have one of those suckers pop on you and manage to get yourself to and from work without being a wah-wah, we can talk. Tyson Gay shouldn't have been at the games. Hamstrings take months, not weeks to fully heal and he ran the risk of injuring something else while favoring his bum hammy.

I used to run the 100m and when I pulled my hamstring it took less than 2 weeks to heal because I was in such good shape. So yes, I know something about this. Perhaps people here have never been in such incredible shape. The healing process is incredibly fast for such athletes and with the top medical attention that Gay received because he is an Olympian, his healing was probably even more accelerated than mine was.

Tyson said that his hamstring was fine when interviewed after he didn't make the 100m final, so I see no reason to think otherwise. He was running pretty good in that prelim, but let up at the end. Also, hamstring injuries don't cause one to fail to grab the baton, let's be serious. If his hamstring was still an issue, he would not have been able to run, period.

It is QUITE a coincidence that Gay let up at the end of the 110M prelim just enough to RISK making the final IN THE OLYMPICS, and he didn't make it. Then he says that he as definately looking forward to the 4-100m relay only to fail to receive the baton. I think my theory has a great deal of weight. Recognize that.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 08-26-2008 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-26-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2theUS View Post

You say you couldn't imagine a Chinese athlete wimping out but Liu Xiang pulled out of the 110m hurdles because of an injury just like Gay and to the disappointment of 1.3billion Chinese does that mean he was scared of getting annihilated by the favourite the Cuban record holder who took Gold?
Not a good comparison. Liu Xiang had a different kind of injury. He has been suffering from an Achilles' tendon injury for several years This is a chronic inflammation problem that doesn't lend itself to an accelerated healing process even though his physical conditioning is elevated to Olympic levels. Hard to imagine anyone running such a high-impact race like the 110m hurdles with such a condition. He was obviously in a great deal of pain, not telling everyone that he was fine (like Gay was).

Yes, to 1.3 billion Chinese he is/was a national hero. It is why he made the effort to show that he couldn't compete even though he should've been in a leg cast. Different situation entirely.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I think you're a disgrace to your country judging by that statement.
Think again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports