Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Appropriate punishment for Intent to Injure?
Suspension imposed at the discretion of the league (length individually determined)? 6 21.43%
Automatic suspension from remainder of regular season? 4 14.29%
Automatic suspension from remainder of regular season plus playoffs? 11 39.29%
Automatic ban from ever playing that sport at the pro level again? 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
You just can't duplicate the atmosphere in those old arenas like Chicago Stadium, the old Boston Garden, etc. They were special places.

Brodeur is indeed the man. And he keeps getting better- how many years did we have to listen to how it was Stevens, Niedermayer, Daneyko, et al that made him LOOK good? Our defense corps this year is fair to middling, and Marty is the same as he ever was.

Janssen- I like him. He's a fourth-liner who likes to hit- nothing more, nothing less. He's not much of a fighter, but he held his own against Buffalo's goon the other night even though he was giving about 4 inches and 40 pounds. His hit on Kaberle- yeah, borderline dirty (a touch late), but Kaberle should have known better than to admire his pass with Cam on the ice.

That hit was the talk of the NFL until Simon's little show with Hollwig the other night. Our David Koci also put some big ol hits on Phoenix the other night too. Was in his first NFL game and got in 3 fights, knocked one 'Yote out (Thomas) and acquired 42 penalty minutes. LOL

Brodeur is alot of fun to watch. He reminds me of Patrick Roy in a way, I dont know what it is, but he does. Hes up there with Hasek, Kipprusoff, Luongo. Thats some good company to be in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 08:56 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Id like to comment but havent seen it, is there any vids on youtube ?

Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
BrianH - I haven't seen anything, but then again You Tube might be up the tube if Viacom get their way

Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,429,557 times
Default Allow more fighting!

Back to the dirty hit: if the NHL allowed MORE fighting in hockey, I guarantee you this would not have happened. These dirty players would think twice about cheap shots if they knew they were going to face a "beatdown" by ALL of the opposing team everytime they took a whack at someone's head. That shot was totally uncalled for. As a lifelong Flyers fan that's seen the Broad St. Bullies in action back in the day, that shot actually made me wince (and it takes ALOT to make me wince in hockey).

Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMadness View Post
Back to the dirty hit: if the NHL allowed MORE fighting in hockey, I guarantee you this would not have happened. These dirty players would think twice about cheap shots if they knew they were going to face a "beatdown" by ALL of the opposing team everytime they took a whack at someone's head. That shot was totally uncalled for. As a lifelong Flyers fan that's seen the Broad St. Bullies in action back in the day, that shot actually made me wince (and it takes ALOT to make me wince in hockey).
Without a doubt- guys were more accountable back then for dirty play than they are today. Justice back then was swift and brutal!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,555 times
There will soon be no more players dressed only to fight. I think this is a key to cleaner hockey. I agree that fights should always remain, but let players fight in the heat of the game, no more goon-to-goon.
And stick premeditated hits should be severely punished, 1 game automatic suspension.
[URL=http://www.madbrothers.com]SlapShot[/URL] is a movie composed with real facts.
Speaking of which, [URL=http://www.slapshot3.com]SlapShot 3[/URL] will start shooting in the following weeks. The [URL=http://www.hansonbrothersjersey.com]Hanson brothers[/URL] are still there with their classic [URL=http://www.madbrothers.com/charlestown_chiefs_jersey_e.php]Charlestown CHIEFS jersey[/URL]. Will it be a flop like
[URL=http://www.madbrothers.com]SlapShot[/URL] 2? Lets wait and see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports