U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 196 85.96%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 32 14.04%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:03 AM

5,289 posts, read 6,983,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Not enough posters and thread topics to need a golf forum, imo.
I would say golf, even without a forum has more traffic than Boxing, maybe MMA and even Soccer sometimes, and dont even get me started on that olympic sticky (5 golf threads on the front page currently). Go look in the boxing forum, there have been 4 threads bumped in the last month and they all have the same poster. Its basically a private forum for 3 dudes.

And the creation of a forum would encourage even more traffic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 30,323,902 times
knock yourself out getting a forum, then

Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 AM

13,321 posts, read 21,690,568 times
Oh that Ryder Cup always has me on the edge of my seat.......

I know that come January I will be in the mist of 100 golf courses at Myrtle Beach. That is always an exciting time. I can take some pictures of different courses during our four month stay but.......
They need a sub-forum to be placed nicely on City-Data. Yep, still rooting for that.....

Old 10-16-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh that Ryder Cup always has me on the edge of my seat.......

I know that come January I will be in the mist of 100 golf courses at Myrtle Beach. That is always an exciting time. I can take some pictures of different courses during our four month stay but.......
They need a sub-forum to be placed nicely on City-Data. Yep, still rooting for that.....
Yeah, and I would like to have post some problems I have in my own game and bounce ideas off other posters here on what I could do to correct it, but.....yeah.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:59 PM

13,321 posts, read 21,690,568 times
Ugh, things are not lookin' up.........
How about that club Furek got for 35 dollars that won him the FedEx........( wonder what club that is)

Old 10-30-2010, 05:22 PM

52,694 posts, read 22,499,077 times
Jonathan Byrd's hole-in-one wins Vegas golf

RELATED KEYWORDS:
"Jonathan Byrd's hole-in-one wins Vegas golf

DIGEST

October 25, 2010|By Associated Press

In a stunning finish to a PGA Fall Series event in Las Vegas, Jonathan Byrd won a three-man playoff with a hole-in-one on the fourth extra hole Sunday.
Byrd, Martin Laird and Cameron Percy had debated whether to keep playing the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospital for Children Open because of darkness. They decided to go one more hole - the 204-yard 17th at TPC Summerlin.
And it essentially was over with one swing. Byrd's shot landed about 10 feet short of the flag and disappeared into the cup. All that was needed was for Laird and Percy to hit their shots for Byrd to collect his first win of the year."

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-10-2...yrd-vegas-golf

Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 PM

one golf post every 2 weeks - yeah, this CDF needs a forum dedicated just for golf

BTW, Tiger Woods will be on ESPN radio Mike and Mike @ 730 EST. Probably on ESPN podcast as well......he's obviously trying to fix his public image.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
one golf post every 2 weeks - yeah, this CDF needs a forum dedicated just for golf
Its the off season. All sports forums slow down during their off seasons. The poll is still 33-10 in favor of. The funny part is those of us that want a golf forum have a ton to gain, and you have nothing to lose. Yet you simply want to play spoiler for those of us that want it.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Its the off season.
Yet another reason not to have a dedicated forum for golf - not enough interest during the off season like the major sports where news and discussion is year round.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,456,258 times
Default surely not the off season everywhere ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Its the off season. All sports forums slow down during their off seasons. The poll is still 33-10 in favor of. The funny part is those of us that want a golf forum have a ton to gain, and you have nothing to lose. Yet you simply want to play spoiler for those of us that want it.
surely not the 'off season' everywhere..... We are hoping to go on a golf holiday in the US over Xmas and New Year... a Golf Thread would be a good place to post those types of questions....

So whilst I am here - any advice. We are new to the US and live in NY state.... somewhere warm but not baking hot... ( we just moved from Asia ) where we can get tee times without paying an arm and a leg. Don't mind driving to play 3/4 courses over a 7 day holiday. They don't all have to be on a resort. We have not explored anywhere in the US yet so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports