U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 196 85.96%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 32 14.04%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2018, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,323,902 times
Reputation: 14611

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
At least he won a major. One, at least...
a lot of players have won one - the window isn't open very long - better get hopping, Day....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2018, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,323,902 times
Reputation: 14611
congrats to a player no one probably heard of winning at Harbour Town, RBC Heritage.....Satoshi Kodaira


Last edited by BucFan; 04-15-2018 at 05:28 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2018, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Capital Region, NY
1,852 posts, read 940,978 times
Reputation: 2467
Congrats to Satoshi Kodaira. As a side note I play ProGear irons. Had to order them from Japan.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2018, 01:03 PM
 
Location: The DMV
5,951 posts, read 9,990,464 times
Reputation: 7404
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Congrats to Satoshi Kodaira. As a side note I play ProGear irons. Had to order them from Japan.
I remember PRGR from early 2000's when a few pros had their drivers/woods(?). But it kind of fizzled out here along with Yonex - which was actually played by Mickelson in his earlier years.

Mizuno's are currently in my bag.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2018, 03:01 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,323,902 times
Reputation: 14611
Bored. Here's the entire 2017 Masters



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfMSpgr1L3Q
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2018, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Nowhere
10,098 posts, read 3,457,498 times
Reputation: 7077
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
I remember PRGR from early 2000's when a few pros had their drivers/woods(?). But it kind of fizzled out here along with Yonex - which was actually played by Mickelson in his earlier years.

Mizuno's are currently in my bag.
I got a Pro Gear 8802 style putter recently and (I think) it is actually PRGR company.


My main irons are 1025Cs VIP V-Foils, forged as they were. The greatest forged irons ever made, if I do say so myself.


I have another 4-5 sets of irons in rotation (Hogan Apex forged, Cally X16s, Adams Redlines, Wilson Staff 45, Eye 2s...and a couple other sets I think lol)


Mizuno are the real deal. I've had a set or three over the years - if I didn't swear by my 1025Cs I might have a set of MPs 30s are about as good a value you can find if you can find them without rusted faces.


I've been told by guys at GG that Mizuno use the best metals on their forged irons - or they don't import the metal, or something like that. Them and Ping are the companies that don't import metal from country they make the forgings.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 05:35 AM
 
Location: The DMV
5,951 posts, read 9,990,464 times
Reputation: 7404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I got a Pro Gear 8802 style putter recently and (I think) it is actually PRGR company.


My main irons are 1025Cs VIP V-Foils, forged as they were. The greatest forged irons ever made, if I do say so myself.


I have another 4-5 sets of irons in rotation (Hogan Apex forged, Cally X16s, Adams Redlines, Wilson Staff 45, Eye 2s...and a couple other sets I think lol)


Mizuno are the real deal. I've had a set or three over the years - if I didn't swear by my 1025Cs I might have a set of MPs 30s are about as good a value you can find if you can find them without rusted faces.


I've been told by guys at GG that Mizuno use the best metals on their forged irons - or they don't import the metal, or something like that. Them and Ping are the companies that don't import metal from country they make the forgings.
Yea - Mizuno's are known to just have an exceptional feel - Like butter. I've played the MP-33, MP-68 and currently play the MP-4s. Don't know enough about the quality of their material - but I do believe they have their own forging facility or have a contract with a facility that only produces Mizuno irons. Whereas some of the other manufactures use common factories - so you may see brand A clubs on the same belt as brand B. That said - not sure one can conclude that you would lose quality this way.


My current setup -
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Nowhere
10,098 posts, read 3,457,498 times
Reputation: 7077
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
I remember PRGR from early 2000's when a few pros had their drivers/woods(?). But it kind of fizzled out here along with Yonex - which was actually played by Mickelson in his earlier years.

Mizuno's are currently in my bag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Yea - Mizuno's are known to just have an exceptional feel - Like butter. I've played the MP-33, MP-68 and currently play the MP-4s. Don't know enough about the quality of their material - but I do believe they have their own forging facility or have a contract with a facility that only produces Mizuno irons. Whereas some of the other manufactures use common factories - so you may see brand A clubs on the same belt as brand B. That said - not sure one can conclude that you would lose quality this way.


My current setup -
Nice bag. I'll post a pic or two of some of my sets some time. This is my main bag (for now haha)







I like older clubs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 30,323,902 times
Reputation: 14611
lotta bad shots hit with those sets - joking of course, or am I?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2018, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Huntsville, AL
2,605 posts, read 1,368,345 times
Reputation: 3492
Regarding the PGA tour after a major...


Yawn! No wonder golf doesn't have its own category on CD!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top