Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:40 AM

6,561 posts, read 11,195,420 times

Advertisements

Nice pics. Will you be playing in the area as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 01:21 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,248,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Nice pics. Will you be playing in the area as well?
Only spent a day up in NC - no play, just a day of watching. Wanted to see the course more than anything - have been to three tournaments this season (The Players, Tampa and Arnie's tourney). Seen enough players practicing but hadn't seen Pinehurst before. Goes without say, the course is very different than most - had a links/British Open feel to it. I'm sure a golf course architect aficionado would tell me, "of course, Donald Ross design" - but I don't know about golf course history.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,919,385 times
Happy US Open Weekend everyone... here are some links if interested to get a live stream if you're not at home enjoying the coverage live on ESPN/NBC today.

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN - Live action through ESPN360 depending on what cable provider you have

Live Video - The Official Site of the 114th U.S. Open Championship Conducted by the USGA - Live action of "Marquee Groups" - Currently airing now is Justin Rose, Matthew Fitzpatrick, and Phil Mickelson threesome.

That's all I have found for right now.. if anyone else knows of anything let me know! Happy watching!

Old 06-12-2014, 07:17 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,919,385 times
Rickie Fowler paying tribute to Payne Stewart today....... that-a-boy.... LOOKING GOOD!

Old 06-12-2014, 11:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,028,295 times
Any one lose interest in watching golf if Tiger isnt playing?
The No-Tiger Effect: How Woods' Absence Is Taking the Glow off Golf's Majors | Bleacher Report

I'll have to own up to being a Tiger fan but not enough of a golf fan to watch if he's not playing..

Old 06-13-2014, 05:54 AM

16,115 posts, read 10,260,148 times
That last post is surprising, I figured anyone posting in a golf forum would be a big fan and would watch regardless. That's who I am but there is no question Tiger moves the needle and him being out has hurt the sport.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:32 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,248,191 times
I forget that he's even out (TW). I watch coverage on the big screen from start to finish and DVR it if I'm out - and yesterday I don't think TW's name came up even once on Golf Channel, NBC, ESPN. That's a good sign. There are a lot of very good golfers out there - and Pinehurst #2 is the center of attention with its restoration by Crenshaw and Coore. I'm having a ball watching this week - especially after visiting Pinehurst #2 earlier this week in person. I'm not getting much of anything accomplished this week because of the Open (although I did get in a round of golf yesterday and might today).

Old 06-14-2014, 05:08 PM

8,276 posts, read 23,000,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I forget that he's even out (TW). I watch coverage on the big screen from start to finish and DVR it if I'm out - and yesterday I don't think TW's name came up even once on Golf Channel, NBC, ESPN. That's a good sign. There are a lot of very good golfers out there - and Pinehurst #2 is the center of attention with its restoration by Crenshaw and Coore. I'm having a ball watching this week - especially after visiting Pinehurst #2 earlier this week in person. I'm not getting much of anything accomplished this week because of the Open (although I did get in a round of golf yesterday and might today).

I'm with BucFan on this one, I usually forget that he is or isn't playing. I'll watch golf no matter who is playing, I think if you play golf you probably fall in this category as well where golf is golf no matter who is playing. When you play golf and then you watch golf you truly get a respect and wonder for how and what they can do with a golf ball.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:43 AM

16,115 posts, read 10,260,148 times
Is it just me or does Pinehurst #2 look like my local muni in August when half the fairways get burned out and turn to dirt?

Old 06-15-2014, 09:52 AM

8,276 posts, read 23,000,932 times
Kyle Lohse v. Jason Dufner: The Stadium Shootout « John & Cait…Plus Nine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports