Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 11:20 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,339,930 times

Advertisements

Thinking about heading there after work today.

I have horrible shin splints from my worn out Ascics.

I used to have horrible shin problems and then I switched to the Gel Kayanos. I been through 4 pairs, and this pair wore down unevenly. I want to switch it up to another shoe.

I know Athlete's foot is supposed to have a pretty advanced fit system.

Has anyone been to one? Are they helpful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 01:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,981,753 times
The are pretty much the same type of store as Foot Locker. Going to one is just the same as going to the other. Look for "Road Runner Sports" or "A Snails Pace" as they will be able to fit you properly for running shoes.

If you are an avid runner, I highly recommend Nike Plus Shox running shoes or anything from Brooks. Remember, that you'll need to put about 25 miles on them to break them in so be sure to put some mileage on them before really making a decision on if they work for you as well as they work for me.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,339,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
The are pretty much the same type of store as Foot Locker. Going to one is just the same as going to the other. Look for "Road Runner Sports" or "A Snails Pace" as they will be able to fit you properly for running shoes.

If you are an avid runner, I highly recommend Nike Plus Shox running shoes or anything from Brooks. Remember, that you'll need to put about 25 miles on them to break them in so be sure to put some mileage on them before really making a decision on if they work for you as well as they work for me.
DeBeeze,
Thanks! I think I'm going to try a store called Fleet Feet and see how that goes. I've been loyal and loved my Ascics Gel Kayanos for so long I'm lost now. They are just now wearing evenly anymore. I don't know if I changed my gait or they "updated and improved" this model.

I found them about 4 years ago at a tiny running store in Alabama (I live in Texas now, can't go back). The store (Dont' remember the name) was independant and the woman matched me with these shoes. They were the best!

I have never met a pair of Nike's that I like. The toe box is always too narrow. They fit through the whole foot, but my big toe always feels pushed inward.... even in a long enough shoe.

I will look at the Brooks.

None of either of the stores you mentioned in Texas :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports