Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times

Advertisements

Twin Cities

1. Vikings
2. Twins
3. Wild (until they win)
4. Gophers
5. Saints (minors)
6. HS Hockey
7. Pro Wrestling
8. Auto Racing
9. Curling
10. Poker
11. Rodeo
12. Eating Contests
13. Pudding Wrestling
14. Cow Tipping
15. Timberwolves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 10:15 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Guess I should update this....

1. Dallas Cowboys (NFL)
2. TCU Horned Frogs football (NCAA)
3. Texas Rangers (MLB)
4. Dallas Mavericks (NBA)
5. Dallas Stars (NHL)
6. TCU Horned Frogs baseball (NCAA)
7. Fort Worth Cats (American Assoc. Independent Baseball)
8. FC Dallas (MLS)
9. Frisco Roughriders (AA Texas Leauge Baseball)
10. Euless Trinity football (High School)

Things have changed a bit....
Are the Cats really ahead of FC Dallas? Maybe it's because I'm on the Dallas side, but while I hear/read about FCD pretty infrequently, I have never heard anyone talking about the Cats. Edit: same with TCU Baseball. Must be one of the few Fort Worth and Dallas divides we still have.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:28 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Mine:

1. Sox
2. Bulls
3. Bears
4. Hawks

5. Cubs

Media:

1. Bears
2. Cubs
3. Bulls
4. Hawks
5. Sox

Old 05-18-2011, 11:45 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Are the Cats really ahead of FC Dallas? Maybe it's because I'm on the Dallas side, but while I hear/read about FCD pretty infrequently, I have never heard anyone talking about the Cats. Edit: same with TCU Baseball. Must be one of the few Fort Worth and Dallas divides we still have.
... actually, the fact that I am on the Fort Worth side does have somethin' to do with it. The Cats may be stretching, but I do hear more about TCU baseball than FCD. I'm pretty sure if we had an MLS team, they would be over those two with no problem, but I know that almost going all the way in the CWS and being ranked #15 helps out the Horned Frogs.

Seriously, the talk of FC Dallas isn't heard as much as it probably is in Dallas County. That's why I always say, WE should have a team.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Twin Cities

1. Vikings
2. Twins
3. Wild (until they win)
4. Gophers
5. Saints (minors)
6. HS Hockey
7. Pro Wrestling
8. Auto Racing
9. Curling
10. Poker
11. Rodeo
12. Eating Contests
13. Pudding Wrestling
14. Cow Tipping
15. Timberwolves
lol, poor Timberwolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Mine:

1. Sox
2. Bulls
3. Bears
4. Hawks

5. Cubs

Media:

1. Bears
2. Cubs
3. Bulls
4. Hawks
5. Sox
Atta boy, nice to see another Sox fan around here finally (rough year so far though )

Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Atta boy, nice to see another Sox fan around here finally (rough year so far though )
We're slowly doing better. I don't see the playoffs in our future, but possibly a better than .500 record.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
... actually, the fact that I am on the Fort Worth side does have somethin' to do with it. The Cats may be stretching, but I do hear more about TCU baseball than FCD. I'm pretty sure if we had an MLS team, they would be over those two with no problem, but I know that almost going all the way in the CWS and being ranked #15 helps out the Horned Frogs.

Seriously, the talk of FC Dallas isn't heard as much as it probably is in Dallas County. That's why I always say, WE should have a team.
I would love to eventually have FC Dallas move closer to downtown, and for Fort Worth to have a team downtown too. A TRE Rivalry! Would be pretty sweet.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM

994 posts, read 1,830,956 times
In Chicago:

1. Bulls
2. Bears
3. Cubs
4. Blue Demons (I can't help it I am an alum)
5. Fire
6. Blackhawks (I really am not into hockey, but I will admit, I am a fairweather fan when it comes to the hawks).

White Sox can't rank because I don't like them at all, so no point.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
I would love to eventually have FC Dallas move closer to downtown, and for Fort Worth to have a team downtown too. A TRE Rivalry! Would be pretty sweet.
Don't know about FCD moving towards downtown, especially with Frisco and all holding the team for as long as they have. That should have already happened by now.

The Cotton Bowl could have still held the team with just a few more renovations.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Don't know about FCD moving towards downtown, especially with Frisco and all holding the team for as long as they have. That should have already happened by now.

The Cotton Bowl could have still held the team with just a few more renovations.
It's why it's just wishes, not expectations.

That said, if MLS really does take off and become part of a cultural Big 5 sports, I would expect the FCD front office to try to emulate some of the urban crowd setting that has done so well for other cities. It won't happen at all until the current lease is up, so it would be 20ish years from now anyway.

I'm basically looking at this long term with my wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports