Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,494,389 times

Advertisements

So far so good for the Americans. Got several men and the normal women through the first couple of days. I know most people love to hate on Andy Roddick, but I personally love the guy and really hope he can go all the way, although I would not bet on it. ---Especially in light of his heart break at Wimbeldon

Anybody else out there watching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,201,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Anybody else out there watching?
Yup...watching the hometown girl Melanie Oudin right now....she's a Russian killer.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM

351 posts, read 534,170 times
The biased crowd agaisnt Venus when she played Clijsters sunday is a perfect example of how disgusting the crowd at USO can be.

Nowhere else in the world could a player of that nation get cheered agaisnt when they double fault and get broken agaisnt. Americans are in for a rude awakening when their winner women(mainly the Williams sisters) retire

Old 09-12-2009, 11:40 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,764,037 times
And now the scandal involving Serena... She is really not good at losing, that happens when you win all the time

Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,860,532 times
As talented as they are, the Williams sisters have had a long time to rub people the wrong way on tour. Venus has grown on me over the years, but Serena comes across as an extremely unpleasant and overly arrogant person and I like seeing her lose.

As for last night, the foot fault call was kind of iffy, but bad and questionable calls are a part of any sport where we have human officials. Her outburst after it was clearly unsportsmanlike conduct and the chair umpire couldn't let it slide.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:35 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,764,037 times
Just saw that scene on Youtube. Well, what can I say... The comments are more worrisome, I hope they are not typical of American society

Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,268,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Just saw that scene on Youtube. Well, what can I say... The comments are more worrisome, I hope they are not typical of American society

There are when were not winning.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:05 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,639,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
As talented as they are, the Williams sisters have had a long time to rub people the wrong way on tour. Venus has grown on me over the years, but Serena comes across as an extremely unpleasant and overly arrogant person and I like seeing her lose.

As for last night, the foot fault call was kind of iffy, but bad and questionable calls are a part of any sport where we have human officials. Her outburst after it was clearly unsportsmanlike conduct and the chair umpire couldn't let it slide.
Absoutely, there was no way they could let that slide. Serena knows she was dead wrong for doing what she did.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:16 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
The biased crowd agaisnt Venus when she played Clijsters sunday is a perfect example of how disgusting the crowd at USO can be.

Nowhere else in the world could a player of that nation get cheered agaisnt when they double fault and get broken agaisnt. Americans are in for a rude awakening when their winner women(mainly the Williams sisters) retire
What does nation of origin have to do with who you cheer for? I'm an American but I wouldn't cheer for Barry Bonds or Michael Vick simply because they're American. I cheered for Chanda Rubin because 1. she's from my home town, 2. I graduated with her sister, and 3. she was a class act.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:17 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times
Watching the video and seeing Serena flexing her massive muscles I kept waiting for the line judge to scream "GODZILLA!". Or for Serena to scream, "HULK SMASH!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports