Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM

141 posts, read 480,124 times

Advertisements

Joe Buck is the worst, the best Gus Johnson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 PM

35 posts, read 83,110 times
Joe Buck, annoys the hell out of me. Can't stand John Sterling either, but at least he's not on national broadcasts

Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 AM

124 posts, read 528,487 times
Easy, Dick Vitale. The man annoys me to no end.

Korn was just awful, and I'm glad he's gone from MNF. Not too crazy about Gruden, though. I thought MNF would have been great with just Tirico and Jaws. IMO, Tirico is one of the best-ever play-by-play guys. He obviously does his homework on each team for every game, but he only interjects those tidbits when they're relative to what's going on on the field.

Can't stand Dierdorf or McCarver.

I think Al Michaels is pretty darned good, though he does put his foot in his mouth at time. I've got a soft spot for Madden.

But Sumerall is probably my all-time favorite.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:50 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
two Words

JOHN MADDEN
I agree.

Too much drama everytime a guy makes a play.

EXAMPLE-------years back Al Noga (DE of the Vikings) sacked the quarterback. John Madden says-----" When Noga gets in his stance, his eyes get wide,his determination is so great, there isn't an offensive lineman who can stop him"

Really?

I laughed because if Madden had done his homeworj he would have realized Al Noga had lost his starting position that year and was seeing very little playing time.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:40 AM

491 posts, read 748,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I agree.

Too much drama everytime a guy makes a play.

EXAMPLE-------years back Al Noga (DE of the Vikings) sacked the quarterback. John Madden says-----" When Noga gets in his stance, his eyes get wide,his determination is so great, there isn't an offensive lineman who can stop him"

Really?

I laughed because if Madden had done his homeworj he would have realized Al Noga had lost his starting position that year and was seeing very little playing time.
plus he has a man crush on Brett Farve. Even if Farve is not in the game he announcing he mentions him.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
And you know what? Brian Anderson, who is the television voice of the Milwaukee Brewers, is starting to get boring as well as Joe Buck. I like Bob Uecker a whole lot better. Not only is he a funny guy, but he also shares His enthusiasm so how can you not like Bob Uecker if people say that he is the greatest sports announcer? There's nothing wrong with him but he's just boring and Mike Tirico is also getting boring on Monday Night Football. Mike Patrick did Sunday Night Football games for years first with Roy Firestone, then with Joe Theismann for years along with Paul Maguire. Although Dennis Miller is okay, Roy Firestone is simply not a very good sports announcer. I can't stand it when Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are calling more and more Packer games. John Sterling, Yankees broadcaster, is really announcing when he makes trademarks, especially home run calls. Although I never listen to him, I think Dan Shulman is boring on World Series games and I think Brent Musburger should call them instead.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:19 PM

The other thing to is that Ron Franklin said something inappropriate about Holly Rowe calling her baby and even called Jeannine Edwards an a-word hole and was fired by ESPN two years ago. I don't like his comments. Do you remember that?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 PM

I think Gus Johnson is the best.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 215GUY View Post
Joe Buck is the worst, the best Gus Johnson
I agree, Gus Johnson is the best.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
I can't stand Marv "downtown" Albert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports