Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2007, 11:21 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,363 times

Advertisements

The greatest two minutes in sports is coming up this Saturday. Helluva lot more exciting than watching some game/commercials for 3 hours. Will be out in Vegas enjoying the Churchill card at the Planet Hollywood Derby party.

I have been following the colts closely all spring and it looks like Hard Spun is coming up to a sharp race. Hard Spun is my Derby horse i expect around 14-1 on the win odds. This colt has the speed, pedigree, and class to pull off the race. The trainer Larry Jones is an absolute assassin with these sophomores and he has Hard Spun on edge to run the race of his life. My key is Hard Spun in many wagers but will be hedging a bit with a 6 horse exacta box. Will have more details when the form is released Wednesday evening.

The Colts I will not be using are Curlin, Dominican, Tuflesburg, Circular Quay, Zanjero, Great Hunter, Cowtown Cat and Cobolt Blue. These guys are all tosses for me and I feel they have a slim chance to hit the board.

Who do you like in the race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 10:24 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,363 times
Hard Spun ripped a 57 and change 5F move today over the Churchill Downs surface. Usually a horse will work 102 flat for 5 furlongs so this was a very fast move. A fast bullet workout like this will raise an eyebrow or two so close to a race. The bad side is that he may have left his winning race on the track. The good side shows interest, fitness and speed.

Hard spun will remain my key as of now. He has proven his class over the track and I feel the pace will be sensible this year and he will sit right off it or even lead them. Will have about $150 tied up on him at about 10-1.

Who do you guys like for the race? What are your thoughts? Or are you just rooting for the same team over and over completely void of thought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports