Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:44 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Watching her post match interview, she revealed herself as the trash that she is, even beyond that evidenced by her on-court behavior. Her speech is littered with "like" and "ya' know" etc. She's uneducated and low class. She just happens to play tennis well. My opinion of her, watching that interview, has dropped even further.
You do realize that inserting "like" and "ya know" are common speech patterns among teenagers and college students. I don't quite understand how that represents "uneducated and low class".

As someone who has played competitive sports, in the heat of the moment, you some people have crazy outbursts. While she shouldn't have threatened anyone, a display of anger isn't unusual. I've seen much worse at high school basketball games.

Anything more than a fine would be completely out of order.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 PM

304 posts, read 856,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Maybe she needs to lay off the steroids. LOL, No just kidding. She's a buff athlete and beauty won't get you any wins in tennis, although it probably would get you alot of endorsements. I took it that she had a bad call against her, got mad, said something and then it got misconstrued into something worse. I have to take her side in this.
How Low!
Steroids Really?
maybe she should be a size 2 to "fit into the tennis world"
maybe she should have an eating disorder?
she should probably stop working out...in order to make some happy?
black women are naturally thick...look around!
maybe we too should get tested for steroids

you should meet me I am as thick as she is because I work out!

No oneis talking about Federer cursing at the chair umpire....

Society wants women to just shut up and take it...god forbid we show some emotion.

How many times has she done this?
How many times have John mcenroe and his brother done this?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:04 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times
Default shoving things down peoples throats

If somebody posted here "If I could I would take that F&^%ing post of yours and shove it down your f&^*ing throat I would" I think that poster would join the ranks of those listed as "not a member". Lets face it getting tennis balls shoved down your "f*&^ing throat" could not only ruin your day, it could kill you. It may even be worse than "having a racket shoved up your a$$" but the jury is still out on that.

These are very aggressive statements and most certainly intimation threats that must be dealt with harshly. Using the excuse "in the heat of the moment" would not be enough to absolve you of blame on either the court or in street life.

The good news for Serena is that she can serve from with impunity from wherever she pleases without having to worry about any foot faults for the rest of the year. The line judges have joined the ranks of the "shook ones"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Yeah, I'm saying it isn't a threat. It is an expression of frustrations and anger. She didn't "go at" the line judge with anything except her words. She made no threatening actions with her racket let alone a bat or say anything about beating the crap out out of anyone but hey, why not take it to a higher level just for the hell of it, eh?

Your post is a perfect example of making more of it than it is.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
How Low!
Steroids Really?
maybe she should be a size 2 to "fit into the tennis world"
maybe she should have an eating disorder?
she should probably stop working out...in order to make some happy?
black women are naturally thick...look around!
maybe we too should get tested for steroids

you should meet me I am as thick as she is because I work out!

No oneis talking about Federer cursing at the chair umpire....

Society wants women to just shut up and take it...god forbid we show some emotion.

How many times has she done this?
How many times have John mcenroe and his brother done this?
Did Patrick even have enough of a career to get angry about anything? LOL

Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,663,459 times
Everyone has had their say. I'm closing the thread before it degenerates any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports