Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 05:35 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Yea I had Computer trouble couldn't get back on as hillman.But I also go by oneshot and big rockpile,some people even call me David

Call me what you want just don't call me late for Dinner.

brushrunner
Oh ok. I remember you saying you had the cabin in Warsaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 07:53 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
10 miles west of Warsaw, probably won't have high speed internet. If she's in school and will want to take online classes, or if her in-person classes have online assignments, she'll want the high speed internet. Don't assume that satellite and broadband wireless are options either; some places just don't get good enough signal for internet. I was living in the country and couldn't do either; we just moved and we are still in the country and here we get good signal.
Warsaw is a lovely town. Have you considered selling the farm and moving to Warsaw, but perhaps closer to town (for internet)? Going from a 3 acre farm to a cabin on a lot is a BIG change.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
----a 3 acre farm--

sounds like an axymoron.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:25 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
10 miles west of Warsaw, probably won't have high speed internet. If she's in school and will want to take online classes, or if her in-person classes have online assignments, she'll want the high speed internet. Don't assume that satellite and broadband wireless are options either; some places just don't get good enough signal for internet. I was living in the country and couldn't do either; we just moved and we are still in the country and here we get good signal.
Warsaw is a lovely town. Have you considered selling the farm and moving to Warsaw, but perhaps closer to town (for internet)? Going from a 3 acre farm to a cabin on a lot is a BIG change.
We just got rid of Satellite Internet not sure if we can get it at our Cabin with the trees that we can't cut.

3 acre Farm I think you are misreading we are selling a much Bigger Place and either moving to 3 acres in Wheatland or our Small Lot in Warsaw.

Yes I love Warsaw but before I would buy a place in town I would be just as well off to buy the 3 acres in Wheatland.

brushrunner

Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Ok my DW just made calls and found we do have DSL Service up there at Warsaw.

brushrunner

Old 08-26-2010, 06:48 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Call me what you want just don't call me late for Dinner.
And by Dinner, brushrunner/hillman/etc. means the midday meal, for he is a true Ozarks man.

And when I was a kid, midday meal meant the food served anywhere from 10:30 to 12:30, depending on how busy Grandma and Mama were with cleaning, gardening, canning, etc.; I suspect the same was true for brushrunner.

I eat my dinner at 11 a.m. at work.

The evening meal was and still is called supper at my house, although most of my friends in Rolla have adopted the terms lunch and dinner. Being a tooth-missing old redneck, I find that an affectation and effete.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
And by Dinner, brushrunner/hillman/etc. means the midday meal, for he is a true Ozarks man.

And when I was a kid, midday meal meant the food served anywhere from 10:30 to 12:30, depending on how busy Grandma and Mama were with cleaning, gardening, canning, etc.; I suspect the same was true for brushrunner.

The evening meal was and still is called supper at my house, although most of my friends in Rolla have adopted the terms lunch and dinner. Being a tooth-missing old redneck, I find that an affectation and effete.
My Dad still says Breakfast, Dinner and Supper..............

Old 08-28-2010, 05:34 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post

---for he is a true Ozarks man---

What in the world does the terminology of --dinner - have to do with the Ozarks?

That was used widely all across the US years back and is still used in most rural areas of the US.

You stating that calling the noon meal--dinner-- makes one a --true Ozark's man-- made me laugh.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:54 AM

158 posts, read 376,343 times
Check with Centurylink - they offer internet service in the Warsaw area. Their web site says they offer high-speed connections though it depends a lot on exactly where the cabin is. You might find that they have something "mid-speed" if not true high-speed web service. An alternative would be to go with a 3G cellular internet connection. You'll have to get a wireless (cellular) network adapter from Sprint, Verizon or whichever one has coverage in the area. Again, that won't be truly high-speed but still better than dialup by a long shot. Heck, if you get several of your Warsaw neighbors to come together you might convince Centurylink to bring out a true high-speed connection for all to share.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfTheOzarks View Post
Check with Centurylink - they offer internet service in the Warsaw area. Their web site says they offer high-speed connections though it depends a lot on exactly where the cabin is. You might find that they have something "mid-speed" if not true high-speed web service. An alternative would be to go with a 3G cellular internet connection. You'll have to get a wireless (cellular) network adapter from Sprint, Verizon or whichever one has coverage in the area. Again, that won't be truly high-speed but still better than dialup by a long shot. Heck, if you get several of your Warsaw neighbors to come together you might convince Centurylink to bring out a true high-speed connection for all to share.
We called Centurylink and they run to the Cabin which is 10 miles West of Warsaw on 83 HWY.But I also get Service on my IPhone.

I figured I could find Wireless connection in town I figured Downtown we could find it Nope! Went to Mc Donalds.

But looks like I'm staying here at the Farm,Guy called said he couldn't get a Loan for this place which is fine.We still have the Cabin just can't see paying for Phone Service if we are not moving up there.

burshrunner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area