U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,174,472 times

Advertisements

I found this site trying to figure out what the Calaboose Museum is ... and found all these things listed here that are "free to see"

http://www.springfieldmo.org/final/newsite/ttd_page_free2see.asp (broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 06:39 AM

hey that site has coupons as well .........

$5 off of $50 or more at Brass Pro

various others ...

Old 07-06-2007, 08:52 AM

1,635 posts, read 3,510,829 times
Thumbs up Oh, my gosh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
I found this site trying to figure out what the Calaboose Museum is ... and found all these things listed here that are "free to see"

http://www.springfieldmo.org/final/newsite/ttd_page_free2see.asp (broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
hey that site has coupons as well .........

$5 off of $50 or more at Brass Pro

various others ...
What a great tip, 2b! You're my favorite "forumer" today! Hahaha! I've been to that site but hadn't seen this page before! I'm gonna bookmark it and use it for reference to see if my husband and I can do some of them when we're looking for a way to spend some FREE time. (No pun intended...but it works!) Hahaha!

Cool! You're quite a little link lady, yourself! You GO, girl!

You know what I would love to see? I'd love it if when people go to these places, they'd write in and start a new thread to give a review! Wouldn't that be cool? Well, actually, now that I think of it, we would have to remember that it is subjective. I know I visited the "Fantastic Caverns" recently and wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped to be, to say the least. I think they're overpriced, too. We went with another couple and the other woman was excited about it and even paid the extra $5 to be able to come back for the next year, free. She wanted to bring her grandkids. But I was so un-enthused that I didn't think I'd even bother to come back with relatives if they visited. So, there you have it. "Different strokes for different folks", as the saying goes.

Thanks again for the info! You rock!

MrsG

Old 07-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Well I have an idea ..........let me see how my weekend goes ..maybe Ill put it in with a slide show ... with a story line lol gosh give me a new toy and ya know I have to show off a little ..

but I like the idea of knowing about places .. places to be and see .........and places that are not worth our time ..

I have picked a few off the list ... printed things off ... My grandsons love trains .. there was something about trains so I thought that would be neat ..and the wild Bill Hickok shootout .. hubby would like that!

Old 02-02-2008, 12:30 AM

50 posts, read 203,028 times
I like the idea of putting together collection of pics about a particular place. Random photos are nice but several of one event or location along with captions can be very educational. Here is a link to one I made on Flickr.com. It's just a bunch of random Portland pics so shame on me for not being more creative but wanted to see what their slide show looked like so threw this together quickly and turns out Flickr is fast, easy and quite a user-friendly tool! Not to mention ... free. If only there was a way to add music. :-) GreenGeek2008's latest photos slideshow on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/23227366@N04/show/ - broken link)

Old 02-02-2008, 11:11 AM

96 posts, read 360,644 times
Hello,

I just found some beautiful pictures on Flicker that I wanted to share with you all! I believe they are mostly pictures of the area around Branson and lake Taneycomo. Enjoy!

Flickriver: ozrkclkr's most interesting photos

Old 02-03-2008, 03:55 PM

Well I thought they were pretty pics anyway.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:25 PM

537 posts, read 1,262,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onjicamnden View Post
Hello,

I just found some beautiful pictures on Flicker that I wanted to share with you all! I believe they are mostly pictures of the area around Branson and lake Taneycomo. Enjoy!

Amazing, thanks for sharing!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:31 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,510,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
I like the idea of putting together collection of pics about a particular place. Random photos are nice but several of one event or location along with captions can be very educational. Here is a link to one I made on Flickr.com. It's just a bunch of random Portland pics so shame on me for not being more creative but wanted to see what their slide show looked like so threw this together quickly and turns out Flickr is fast, easy and quite a user-friendly tool! Not to mention ... free. If only there was a way to add music. :-) GreenGeek2008's latest photos slideshow on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/23227366@N04/show/ - broken link)
Those are great photos, Geek! I have only driven the freeway that pretty much goes around Portland so I've never seen it before. It's a beautiful city...but I'm pretty sure it's more beautiful through the lens of your camera! Thanks for sharing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onjicamnden View Post
Hello,

Wow! What a photographer that person is! I feel like saying, "I'm not worthyyy!" Hahahaaa! I must admit that I didn't make it through all of them...900 photos!!! !!! What I saw had some pretty amazing photos, though...some of them were even of places I've taken pics of! Thanks for sharing them!

I am inspired by all of these photos. I can't wait for winter to be over so I can be inspired by the landscape again. I'm not much fond of brown grass and bare trees, as a general rule.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM

Hey I am glad y'all liked them!! They are simply breathtaking! Ahhhh....lol
I am even using one as a wallpaper. There are also gorgeous places (here in the mountains) were I live now..but I am happy to see that when we move to SW MO. we really won't be losing much as far as natural beauty goes. I agree, I was inspired as well..and I can't wait for good picture takin' weather either!
Thank you both for looking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area