Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:42 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,338 times

Advertisements

Maybe Indy could be a guest speaker ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,278 times
Hahaha! As if he'd have a chance to get a word in edgewise! Hahahaaaa! Poor Indy!

Actually, 2b, I think you have a great idea to have someone share at some of the meetings and Indy does have a great story to tell!!! I also think we need to get to know each other first and be a little more organized before that happens. And come to think of it, he'll have more to share as he finishes his move down here. (Now, I'm wondering if I have yet to read all of his posts and hope I'm right about that! Yikes! )

Of course, I'm not in charge and I hope no one thinks I'm trying to make a rule or be bossy...just sharing my thoughts, here. So, I'm tossing back out to you and to "the floor" for further discussion...

Old 08-04-2007, 10:13 AM

791 posts, read 1,819,596 times
Talking 2 cents from the Peanut Gallery...;)

Ok, I know I've been slackin' and it's pretty sad that it's taken so long.

On Monday, it'll be 3 weeks since we moved into our home. Lord Have Mercy...where did all these blasted boxes come from??? I think they multiplied when they were in storage. LOL Gawd!!! Anyhoo, that's my lame excuse du jour, and hopefully you all won't flog me for jumpin' ship for a while. I've still got a little more to do, but once that's done, Da Boofster will try her best to pick up the slack and get with the program. Thx

MrsG, I owe you one....you had my back and made sure I knew about the meeting. You knew how upset I'd be if I missed out. Thanks a Million, sweetie!!! I think I'll keep you.

Ok, now to the subject at hand... This little Newcomers Meet & Greet is a great idea! ^^^^5 to ya MrsC for bringin' it to the table, and ^^^^5 to you LJ for backin' her up!!! With women like you at the helm, this ship is gonna do some smooooooths sailin'. Oooh, a CD cruise!!!! Now THAT would totally rock!!!.....but I digress.

MrsG is right....Branson is prolly 1 1/2 hrs away, so I won't be able to make it to every meeting, But, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm makin' it to the first one. I want in on this from the ground floor, and come H*LL or High Water, Homey is gonna be there or be square! (Actually that'd be difficult, since I am pretty Round)

Now, I am a little confused tho...(so what's new???) heheheh This is for Guys & Gals, and the hope is to get as many CDers there as possible, right? I am sooooo jazzed about meetin' you folks....I just can't wait. I'm gonna tell C3Bunny when she gets here about it too. They're supposed to be here today!!! Yeahh!!!!!

MrsC & LJ, what can I bring????

Oooooh, this is gonna be great!!! Can I get an Amen????

Dancin' in her seat,
Boof

Old 08-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Talking The floor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hahaha! As if he'd have a chance to get a word in edgewise! Hahahaaaa! Poor Indy!

Actually, 2b, I think you have a great idea to have someone share at some of the meetings and Indy does have a great story to tell!!! I also think we need to get to know each other first and be a little more organized before that happens. And come to think of it, he'll have more to share as he finishes his move down here. (Now, I'm wondering if I have yet to read all of his posts and hope I'm right about that! Yikes! )

Of course, I'm not in charge and I hope no one thinks I'm trying to make a rule or be bossy...just sharing my thoughts, here. So, I'm tossing back out to you and to "the floor" for further discussion...
As far as I can tell, we're just makin this up as we go along, so everybody's suggestions are welcome...and the Branson AREA is a really fun place to hang...just a suggestion but even if you have to drive an hour or more once a month, wouldn't it be a natural to then plan a shopping/dining/shows/boating/Silver Dollar City/butterfly world/Branson Landing/mini golf/waterpark-type of day with your peeps?

Let me know if anybody can't find something fun to do around here!

And if you need the Top Secret Surviving Branson Alternate Route Map so youn's don't get stuck in traffic!

Old 08-05-2007, 12:18 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Thumbs up "Ladies Newcomers"...perhaps redefined?

Well, when I was thinking about this I was thinking (female) newbies less than 5-10 years here or not born/raised here. However, with all of the foodie talk, perhaps this will evolve into foodie-social club. All sizes, shapes, and sexes welcome.

What say all?

We're are still on for this Friday...10:45 at Target (West side of Hiway 65 about 3-4 miles north of Branson).

And as an FYI..there is a newcomers club in Springfield if your interested.
As I understand it they have about 200 members. Send me a private message if you want the website and/or contact names/numbers.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Thumbs up Foodie Club...I'm In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Well, when I was thinking about this I was thinking (female) newbies less than 5-10 years here or not born/raised here. However, with all of the foodie talk, perhaps this will evolve into foodie-social club. All sizes, shapes, and sexes welcome.

What say all?

We're are still on for this Friday...10:45 at Target (West side of Hiway 65 about 3-4 miles north of Branson).

As I understand it they have about 200 members. Send me a private message if you want the website and/or contact names/numbers.
I love it...how would a foodie club work?

Old 08-05-2007, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post

What say all?

Oh, MrsC! I was just thinking about that! I want it to be coed, too! I'm not sure about making it a foodie club, though. If that's like a potluck thing, it would make it more difficult, so like L J, I would like to know how that would work.

I'm kind of torn about the Springfield group. It is closer but they're complete strangers to me. How do you learn about these things???!!! I might ALSO give it a try if some others from that area...like Boof...would go with me!

Rather than also PMing you, I'll just ask here...would you please PM that info to me? Thanks in advance!

MrsG

Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
As far as I can tell, we're just makin this up as we go along, so everybody's suggestions are welcome...and the Branson AREA is a really fun place to hang...just a suggestion but even if you have to drive an hour or more once a month, wouldn't it be a natural to then plan a hopping/dining/shows/boating/Silver Dollar City/butterfly world/Branson Landing/mini golf/waterpark-type of day with your peeps?

Let me know if anybody can't find something fun to do around here!

And if you need the Top Secret Surviving Branson Alternate Route Map so youn's don't get stuck in traffic!

Spoken like a true Branson ambassador a.k.a. real estate agent, L J! Gooood thinkin', too! I know your motives are pure, of course!

Now, if you happen to have a copy of that "Top-Secret-Surviving-Branson-Alternate-Route-Map-so-youn's-don't-get-stuck-in-traffic", I'd sure appreciate one o' those!!! Maybe you could bring them on Friday!?

Old 08-06-2007, 06:35 AM

Red face 99% Pure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Spoken like a true Branson ambassador a.k.a. real estate agent, L J! Gooood thinkin', too! I know your motives are pure, of course!

Now, if you happen to have a copy of that "Top-Secret-Surviving-Branson-Alternate-Route-Map-so-youn's-don't-get-stuck-in-traffic", I'd sure appreciate one o' those!!! Maybe you could bring them on Friday!?
...just like Ivory soap, ma'am...

I can't help being excited about where I live...after all...I moved around this state quite a bit before I settled on (what I think is) the BEST part!
And that's PART of what I like about RE, it allows me to "show off" the area!

I'll bring a stack 'o those maps...

...as for the other 1%...you know I'd be happy to assist anyone wanting some dirt 'n sticks in the area...

Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 AM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Default Foodie Social club....I check out some

Well, a "foodie club" wouldn't be a potluck thing to my way of thinking. I'll check out a few and see how they work.

My definition would be more like a galloping gourment (if your over 50 you'll know what I'm talking about . Once a month we would get together to try out new or recommended restaurants. Usually lunch, sometimes dinner, maybe even an occasional breakfast. Maybe once a month for coffee to discuss future plans and just socialize.

But I'm open to suggestions about any type of social arrangement. I also like LakeJunkie's idea of doing some of the things Branson, and other local areas, have to offer. Maybe even an occasional "caravan" to St. Louis to hit Trader Joe's (for those of you who are TJ junkies). Most of them are in areas that have great lunch offerings.

What say ye?
MrsC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area