Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:55 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times

Advertisements

Hello, friends! I am on the mailing list for Heather Hill Farms so that I get notified of their monthly wine tastings. I just got that reminder and thought I would pass it on to you! Here's what they sent:

YOU'RE INVITED!

Don't forget that tomorrow evening July 12th from 4 to 7 PM is our SPECIAL
WINE TASTING EVENING at HEATHER HILL FARMS!

We've got some great wines scheduled for tasting......

We will have Schlafly's RASPBERRY HEFEWWIZEN BEER out for tasting

And some delicious munchies!!!

Join us for a great time and bring a friend!

Heather, Bob & Denis
HEATHER HILL FARMS
417-581-7665

Still In Ozark, behind Lambert' Cafe

They didn't mention it in their email but all wines (and I assume that new beer) are discounted 10% during the event hours.

As I said in another post awhile back, they always have wine and cheese available for sampling but they put out more choices and have some of their other items such as chips, dips & relishes. Also, coffee is served in the back right corner and most people miss seeing it since it is in a different area.

The wine tasting is held on the 2nd Thursday of each month, by the way. If you're interested, here's their website: Heather Hill Farms (http://heatherhillfarms.com/mainmenu.shtml - broken link)

I know all of you aren't here yet but if you are, it is a good thing to know about.

Enjoy!

MrsG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 01:02 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hello, friends! I am on the mailing list for Heather Hill Farms so that I get notified of their monthly wine tastings. I just got that reminder and thought I would pass it on to you! Here's what they sent:

YOU'RE INVITED!

Don't forget that tomorrow evening July 12th from 4 to 7 PM is our SPECIAL
WINE TASTING EVENING at HEATHER HILL FARMS!

We've got some great wines scheduled for tasting......

We will have Schlafly's RASPBERRY HEFEWWIZEN BEER out for tasting

And some delicious munchies!!!

Join us for a great time and bring a friend!

Heather, Bob & Denis
HEATHER HILL FARMS
417-581-7665

Still In Ozark, behind Lambert' Cafe

They didn't mention it in their email but all wines (and I assume that new beer) are discounted 10% during the event hours.

As I said in another post awhile back, they always have wine and cheese available for sampling but they put out more choices and have some of their other items such as chips, dips & relishes. Also, coffee is served in the back right corner and most people miss seeing it since it is in a different area.

The wine tasting is held on the 2nd Thursday of each month, by the way. If you're interested, here's their website: Heather Hill Farms (http://heatherhillfarms.com/mainmenu.shtml - broken link)

I know all of you aren't here yet but if you are, it is a good thing to know about.

Enjoy!

MrsG
Now you went and done it!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I want to go I want to go I want to go!! (can you see me having a tantrum here??)

UGH!!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 PM

Well, as sorry as I am for your NOT being able to come, 2b, I just KNOW we'll meet there someday! And we'll have a grand ol' time then!

Keep your chin up!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:10 PM

Oh let me take a pic and try to post ..lol brb dont go anywhere!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Default my collection ....... YUM lol

Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Default one of my fav... this is in Grafton Illinois (near me)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa155/barnyardkidz/Wine5.jp (broken link)

Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Oh, my! You do love your wine, don't you?!

Well, it's funny...I rarely drink so I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I guess that's why I like doing the tasting thing. I usually wouldn't buy if I hadn't tasted it before so I appreciate learning about them.

I noticed that for a wimp like me, wine tastes better with cheese so I usually sample a few cheeses before heading over to the wine sampling bar. I always enjoy their fancy tortilla chips and Y'et Yet Salsa, too! Get it? Y'et yet? Hahaha!

My absolute, hands-down favorite happens to be their best seller. It's Luccio's Moscato D' Asti. I haven't noticed it for sale anywhere else but I know it is because I've found it online. It is only about 5% alcohol, I think, and would be a good wine to have on hand for when other lightweights like me visit.

So, I see you figured out how to share your photo! You did good, kid! Keep 'em coming!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Smile Wine Tasting...

Thanks for letting us know about that Mrs G...can't make it tonight but will post it in the pda for next month...

Old 07-12-2007, 02:39 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,570 times
Ouuuuuuuuuu Whew some wine tasting with da girls would be fun. Not fair !!! I ain't gonna wine like 2be did . You gals have some fun. That would be great place to start to meet other people.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Im a wimp too!! honest! For our aniversary one year my hubby took me to a beautiful Bed and Breakfast along the Katy Trails .... ahh was wonderful!! We took one day and went to the wineries ....... and he signed us up for a class ..
I learned soooo much! .. Cleansing the pallet -- oh this is a must do class!! It was not formal at all .. and just really made me realize what I like ..

I like my wine like I like my perfume - soft / semi sweet and fruity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area