Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:38 PM

67 posts, read 242,246 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I are seriously thinking of moving back to Missouri. I was raised in MO, the St. Louis area actually, and hubby was raised in the Kansas City/In dependence area. We live in southwest NM now and we have decided that as soon as we sell our property here that we want to move to the Springfield area.

Since neither of know the first thing about the area, except how beautiful it is since we have driven through it many times on our way to Branson and Kimberling City, I am wondering about these addresses and how they fair as safer areas to live in Springfield. Which one of the three would be best for an older couple that are both retired? Anything anyone can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Seville Square Apartment Homes
5220 S Robberson
Springfield, MO 65810

Park Place Apartment Homes
3040 W. Farm Rd.
Springfield, MO 65807

I realize that the next place is in Ozark, MO, as opposed to Springfield, but how far away from Springfield is it and is it fairly easy go back and forth to Springfield from Ozark for shopping and such?

Mountain Boulevard Apartment Homes
2011 W. Bingham Rd.
Ozark, MO 65721

Thanks in advance for any and all help anyone can give me concerining my questions here.

Does anyone possibly have any other suggestions concerning apartments that are under $600/mo but in a decent neighborhood and where the apartments allow a cat and are nice and clean?

GQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 04:59 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,342,622 times
I just went to Springfield last weekend ... we are in the process of evaluating the areas around .. Sprinfield to Ozark not more than 30 minute drive. (I think)
That was one of the areas we drove through .. Ozark and a charm about it .. a sort of Peace / serenity feel to the area.
Springfield ... well hmmmm Im not a big town girl I prefer to have a quiet setting. So before I say I did not like Springfield ...hmmm I thinK I best not say .. It was not to my likings but I prefer the country to the city ...I did not have that fear I feel in St. Louis (which I live outside of now)

Not sure that I helped or not... hey there are some really kewl pics in one of the topics here ... I cant remember what its titled ..but its one of the top running forums ........... and has the most viewed .. check it out!!

Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,385,016 times
Lightbulb Springfield Apartments

GraphicQueen...welcome back to Missouri!
I lived in Springfield for the better part of 8 years...now living in the Branson area.
I don't know the apartments you are asking about, but have rented several different places in Springfield.
There are nice, and there are seedy.
I had a wonderful experience at an apartment complex called Old South Plantation...it's been a few years ago but the units were well kept, the management wonderful, the location is near the freeway but not too close, very nice place. It's in Ozark, which is just a quick 5 minute freeway ride... from Springfield...easily accessed. Ozark has great shopping and everything you really need right there including a really neat downtown area.
I found a website for them at www.wootenco.com/ozarkapartments (broken link).
They start well under $600.
Good Luck in your search!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicQueen View Post
Does anyone possibly have any other suggestions concerning apartments that are under $600/mo but in a decent neighborhood and where the apartments allow a cat and are nice and clean?

GQ
GraphicQueen,
My husband & I are renting an apartment in Republic, and it's very nice. We feel very safe, and it's only 12 miles to Springfield. The complex is only a little over 1 yr old, and there is a brand new storage facility right next door. If you'd like more info, PM me and I'll give you the scoop. Oh, and they do allow pets, but you'd want to verify as to whether or not your cat must be kept indoors or not. They have 1,2 & 3 bedroom units, and will accept short term leases of 3 Mos.

We've just bought a home, so we will be moving this weekend, but I'd recommend this complex to anyone...we've been very happy here.

Good Luck in your search. I know how daunting it can be, so hopefully you'll get some good guidance here.

Regards,
Boof

Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the replies from everyone. I must tell you that we can not afford paying a huge amount for an apartment, as we are both on a fixed income and I am disabled and my husband is pretty bad with authritis (sp?) in his hips. We are looking for some place that would be comfortable and clean and geared to 55+ adults. Any hints?

GQ

Old 07-13-2007, 07:01 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,553,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
GraphicQueen,
My husband & I are renting an apartment in Republic, and it's very nice. We feel very safe, and it's only 12 miles to Springfield. The complex is only a little over 1 yr old, and there is a brand new storage facility right next door. If you'd like more info, PM me and I'll give you the scoop. Oh, and they do allow pets, but you'd want to verify as to whether or not your cat must be kept indoors or not. They have 1,2 & 3 bedroom units, and will accept short term leases of 3 Mos.

We've just bought a home, so we will be moving this weekend, but I'd recommend this complex to anyone...we've been very happy here.

Good Luck in your search. I know how daunting it can be, so hopefully you'll get some good guidance here.

Regards,
Boof
Boof when you get the 3 month lease. What happens after that? Do you get another 3 month lease or is it month to month after that?

Kareybear

Old 07-13-2007, 07:04 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,657,513 times
Talking Boof's Movin' In!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post

We've just bought a home, so we will be moving this weekend...Good luck in your search. I know how daunting it can be...
Regards,
Boof
HIP! HIP! HOORAY!

Boof's movin' into her new home this weekend! How exciting is THAT?! I sure wish my back would allow me to help you! I would sooo be there!!!

What fun to sleep in your new home for the first time! Have fun realizing your dream this weekend!

MrsG

Old 07-13-2007, 09:02 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,385,016 times
Smile If I were you...

...or if you were my parents...I would be more comfortable with you in Republic or Ozark than in an "affordable" complex in Springfield. The "big city" has it's share of crime and meanness just like any other, and I think the small bedroom communities are easier to police.
Actually, GQ, this thought came to me as I was getting ready for work this morning and I just thought I'd share it with you!

OH...and how great for Boof to be MOVING! (Don't hurt yourself, my dear...hire young strong backs for the heavy stuff!)

Old 07-13-2007, 10:24 AM

I am so happy for you that you are going to be moving into your dream home. Have fun and enjoy it and definitely, don't hurt yourself with heavy lifting and all.

I was actually surfing around and liked the Repub lic and Ozark area. We are going to take a trip up there as soon as we sell so we can look around and get and idea about the areas ourselves. I am very excited to be moving back to MO though. We have enjoyed ourselves in NM but I really miss trees and water, lots of trees and water. LOLOLOL

GQ

Old 07-13-2007, 05:22 PM

Question about apartments in the overall Springfield area:

Do any of them allow people to have a satellite dish installed for satellite television if we would pay for it all?

Also, in an apartment, when they say that they have "high speed internet access" available, is that DSL or cable or what?

What are the best internet providers in the area, high speed hopefully?

GQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area